Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Bombs in Boston

47K views 581 replies 99 participants last post by  cmetzg03 
#1 ·
#7 ·
supposedly 3 dead so far, plus three more devices found but not exploded

This post has been deleted
#29 ·
I hope yours is closer to correct than mine. I have no confirmation of what I posted, but the info was given to me from a generally reliable source.....unless you're a Democrat, than anything he says about you is probably twisted into something horrible. He's a bit crazy in the political spectrum.

#23 ·
This is odd. Seems strange to set off explosions late into the race. I wonder if security becomes more relaxed after the winners get done and the nut jobs took advantage.

Prayers go out to the wounded and killed. Very sad day.

A friend of a friend was running out there. I saw a fb post this morning reminding everybody to root for him. Hopefully he was out of the area. Per his bib # and tracking info, he should have been.

#313 ·
Proof that exercise does kill.

Bad part it was at 4:09ish which means it was just normal joes running at that time :(
I hate you. And, if we ever meet, I'll give you reasons to hate me. I'm New England, born and bred, and I consider what you said the ultimate insult. I've read your fucking nonsense for years, but this is low. I gave you as pass before because of your "free-thinker" bullshit, but I now know you're just another little turd who thinks he's funny. You're not. I'll be forwarding your comments to the BC, BU, Harvard and Tufts BBs. Let's see how fucking funny they think you are.

#33 · (Edited)
Edit: I believe the reported numbers in this article are incorrect, comparing to the majority of other media reports.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

12 dead, nearly 50 injured after 2 explosions rock Boston Marathon, suspect identified and being guarded in hospital

Two explosions shattered the euphoria of the Boston Marathon finish line on Monday, sending authorities out on the course to carry off the injured while the stragglers in the 26.2-mile trek from Hopkinton were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts.

A federal law-enforcement source confirmed to The Post there are at least 12 dead and nearly 50 injured. Fox News reported that Massachusetts General Hospital was treating 10 people with amputated limbs and all operating rooms were on hold.

Authorities have a identified a suspect, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds.

Law-enforcement sources said at least the first explosion occurred in the lobby of the Fairmont Hotel.

PHOTOS: EXPLOSIONS ROCK BOSTON MARATHON

"There were two bombs that exploded near the finish line in today's Boston Marathon," The Boston Marathon's official Facebook page read. "We are working with law enforcement to understand what exactly has happened."

According to reports, authorities in Boston found two more explosive devices that had not gone off and police were dismantling them. The airspace above the city was ordered cleared as well.

Police confirmed a third explosion at JFK Library in Boston. It was unclear if the explosion was linked to the two earlier ones that took place at the Marathon.

President Obama was briefed about the incident shortly after the explosions occured.

Obama called Boston mayor Tom Menino and Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick to express his concern fot those that were injured and make clear that his administration is ready to provide needed support as they respond to this incident.

Gov. Patrick released a statement this afternoon.

“This is a horrific day in Boston. My thoughts and prayers are with those who have been injured. I have been in touch with the President, Mayor Menino and our public safety leaders. Our focus is on making sure that the area around Copley Square is safe and secured. I am asking everyone to stay away from Copley Square and let the first responders do their jobs.”

The after-effects from the explosions reverberated across the nation, including in New York City.

“This changes everything [in New York],’’ one source told The Post. “Everyone’s on high alert. Our marathon was canceled in November. Who knows if that changed someone’s plans?’’

The NYPD has ramped up its anti-terror efforts at landmarks and other potential terrorist targets “to make sure there’s no nonsense going on here,’’ a law-enforcement source said.

Officers are scouring live feed from surveillance videos throughout the city to monitor possible events, the source said.

NYPD Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne said that the NYPD has deployed its Critical Response Vehicles as well until more about the explosion is learned.

The FDNY says their units have also been advised to use elevated caution due to the explosions.

Relatives of the victims of December’s school massacre in Newtown, Conn. were among those attending the race finish at a VIP area. It was not known of any of the relatives were among the casualties.

A White House official said President Obama was getting updates on the apparent bombing.

Competitors and race organizers were crying as they fled the chaos. Bloody spectators were being carried to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners.

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another thunderous explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

Runner Laura McLean of Toronto said she heard two explosions outside the medical tent.

Cherie Falgoust was waiting for her husband, who was running the race.

''I was expecting my husband any minute," she said. "I don't know what this building is ... it just blew. Just a big bomb, a loud boom, and then glass everywhere. Something hit my head. I don't know what it was. I just ducked."

About half of the runners -- virutally all the elite competitors -- had completed the course when the twin explosions went off.

It created a mad rush of bystanders, who frantically dashed away from the scene. Moments later, first reporters ran to the wounded, as their blood stained the Boston pavement.

Smoke filled the previously crystal-clear sky and the sounds of sirens rang for blocks.

#40 ·
Yeah but thats the NYPost and Boston PD is saying that's not true.

CNN analyst really classy suggesting right wing groups caused the bombing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.