Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Szott Jeep Dealership

6K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  fordbronco 
#1 ·
Anybody on here have a salesman there they recommend? I'm tired of my '08 JK and looking to upgrade to the 4-door version.

Szott horror stories are also welcome.

#2 ·
Ive bought from them a few times. Rose is the last name of the guy ive used but hes pretty much retired now o ly working part time when he gets bored. I cant think of his first name. Hes been there forever.

#4 ·
I've got a few Unlimited Wranglers on my lot. What exactly are you looking for? Also, where are you from? I may be able to drive by and show it to you. I work in Imlay City and live in White Lake.

#8 ·
Why not give AJHall a shot, other than the fact he works way the fuck out in no man's land.
This.

As much shit as he takes on here, I'd give him a shot anyway. Besides, what's the worst he could do to me, since in the end I'll probably be using the Friends and Family program so he cannot really screw me over too badly. :teehee:

Proximity to home or office is going to be the main thing I go with so I'll likely end up at Szott or Golling (I don't like anybody I've dealt with at the Suburban system so they are out of the running). Though now I also have a recommendation at Dick Scott and AJ Hall up at Milnes.

Sometimes laziness wins out.

#18 ·
I bought my Jeep and Caravan from Golling. A salesman named Adam Holcomb. Super nice guy and no b.s.
Szott blows. I tried to purchase my Jeep from Szott but after confirming they had what I wanted I drove there and 20 minutes later it was magically gone and the salesman was clueless. I left and drove to Golling. My buddy always bitches about Szott service and now takes his to Shuman to be serviced.

#21 ·
Thanks for all the tips guys. (wait, what?)

The vehicle has been purchased and I went through Szott. They won my wife's trust fund money because they had exactly what I wanted on the lot. Being able to test out some of the 4wd capabilities on the back of their property was a nice perk of looking there. I've now done more wheeling in the last 24 hours than I have in the previous 3 years.

Had I known Dave Kerwin works at Huvaere's I might have driven all the way out there as my parents live right near there.

Another thanks to @jimhri for the discount.

#26 ·
I went back to the dealership late last night and peeled the "R U B I C O N" letters off a nicer Jeep and stuck them on mine.

The anvil looks very sick. How much did the friend/ family help? Still Thinking about offing mine, was offered friend/family by a sales guy.
I have the papers sitting at home but off the top of my head, it was nearly $2k (or 1% minus $75 from invoice). This was a fully loaded version though so 1% on a $43k vehicle is of course a bit more than 1% off of a $33k vehicle...

Edit:
My math must be wrong, or my understanding of how the discount is calculated must be wrong because 1% of $43k is definitely not close to $2,000 so I really have no idea what I saved. I'll try to remember to update this when I get home and look at the paperwork again.

#32 · (Edited)
Hey buddy whats the last 3 of your vin? I pulled the invoice on each of there anvil Jeeps(4) to check the pricing to make sure you didn't get the shaft. If you did then you have the right to go in a argue it.
@WSU JK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.