Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Waggy/M715 truggy

8K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  MidMichFSJ 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, starting with what's left of my 89 grand wagoneer, chassis specs are 7" spring over/ shackle flip, 3" spring lift, and 1" shackle lift. Axles are Dana 44 front and rear, 3.73 open front ARB rear. drivetrain is AMC 401 mildly built, about 400 horse, TF 727 with a shift kit, and a NP 229 to finish it out.
I bought a 67 M715 about a year ago, shortly after I rolled the waggy, with intentions of using the cab and front clip on my chassis. Sent the body out to sandblast recently and patched the holes in the floorboards and a few other places. Next was the rockers, a little rock protection should come from the 4"x6"x1/4 wall tubing I welded in.
I machined some body mount bushings out of aluminum since the rockers will be tied in to the frame and Exo-cage later.
Set the cab today and hooked up brakes and steering, before putting on the front clip. Should be more to come soon.

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper
Been a while since I updated this. Progress has been slow got the doors hung and fitted the glass. Using the waggy doors with the 715 top halves since the original 715 doors were pretty rotted. Took 4" off the top bows to give it a little better profile. Today I got to work on the cage. Got most of the rear section done. All 1 3/4" 120 wall DOM.

#40 ·
Well, this thread was a pain in the ass to find. Decided to man up and build the front of the cage myself. Made pretty good progress on it this weekend. Still need to decide exactly how I'm going to tie in some tube to the front bumper but the A hoop is pretty much done. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Off-road vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive exterior

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part Steering wheel

#46 ·
Figured its about time I update this. On board air is done, york compressor,oil dryer and 16 gallon tank. Plumbed with 3/8 nylon hose. Trans and t-case shifters just need boots and handles. Anti wrap bar is almost done. Ill post up some pics in a week or two when I start to finish some if this stuff up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.