Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

WhiteRhino's Latest Mods

Tags
meballs
317K views 2K replies 189 participants last post by  whiterhino 
#1 ·
Sometime late last summer I was talking to Jim about modding his jeep and it snowballed and somehow I got in the middle of it. before I knew what was going on I agreed to build his jeep over again pretty much. The goal was lots of strength and a nice cushy ride while providing clearance for 40's in the future.

The entire build/arguing/problem solving thread is here: http://www.misfitoffroad.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8991&start=0

it will be completely finished and wheelable in the next couple weeks.
here are a few pictures of the build:

Attachments

See less See more
#1,067 ·
No. Funny but I tried. I bought 2 cans of ether at Autozone. Did my usual twice around spray inside the tire & then touched it off. No explosion, just caught the friggin tire on fire. I'm batting the fuck out of it to keep the tire from burning. :sonicjay:
So I thought maybe I didn't get it inside good enough & made sure I sprayed the next time really deep inside the tire. Same thing. :eek: It appears that the shit I bought from Autozone didn't have a high enough flash point to explode. :whiz:

So, rather than go buying more I opted for the double ratchet strap trick. I really didn't think it would hook on the 12" wide wheels but it did. Now if we could just get some snow.

#1,084 ·
Well, last weekend at bigby's reminded me why I should stick to milder wheeling when I don't have my beadlocks on. :teehee:

Went to St. Helen yesterday and wheeled in 12-15" of snow. Gawd, I love the Iroks in the snow. :woot: I was really smart and put my good softop on before we went. Of course I slid into a tree & destroyed it. :whiz:

Developed a growl in the front end. I'm afraid it's in the front dif. :( Heading out to the garage to investigate now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.