Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Flag mounting

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Freak 
#1 ·
I'm planning on being at Silver Lake sometime next week. I need to know where to mount the flag on a WJ. From reading the DNR's site it appears that I have to mount it on the front. I don't want to have anything permanent as I'm borrowing a flag and pole. Neither of us is sure if there is a place to mount on a WJ or if holes need to be drilled.

Thanks in advance.

#7 ·
We bought a standard strap-type mount from David Allen Racing (right next to the entrance to the ORV area) for my brother-in-law's WJ last summer. If you fish around up underneath the bumper there are a couple of holes in the sheet metal supports. The holes we found were smaller than the standard 1/2" bolt they usually sell you for the flag brackets, but DAR had some smaller hardware available. We got his mounted in about 10 minutes in the parking lot with basic hand tools, no drilling required.

#10 ·
Stop fretting, Karen. I already told you that you can take my small tool box. I'll get you everything you'd need for hand tools. Of course, Kara took 1/2 of the sockets, so it'll be a crap shoot as to whether you have the size you need or not. :teehee: (kidding)

A small craftsman 3/8 drive socket kit and adjustable wrench, channel locks ,vice grips and 2 screw drivers should get you by .

Don't forget the duct tape:sonicjay:
What an engineering mind you have, Harry. :sonicjay: And yes, Karen, I can send you with a little duct tape, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.