Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

So I sprained my ankle at work tonight

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  VanTheMan 
#1 · (Edited)
I work at a hospital and while walking from building to building outside I stepped off a curb and stepped on to a chunk of asphault from a pothole. i sprained my ankle pritty bad, now I gets to work 8 more hours with a air cast on.:(

#3 ·
that sucks, I sprained my right ankle a week before I went to florida for x-mas break this year. They gave me the cast and told me to use crutches for 2-3 days and try to stay off it for a week. Well needless to say ADD kicked in and I was walking on it 1-2 days and working 4 days later.

Trust me if they say take it east do it. I didn't have much of a choice didn't have a roommate had to get stuff loaded to take home and all my friends were gone for x-mas break already. It took almost 2.5 months for the swelling to go down and after 1.5 months later and it still hurting to walk on without keeping it stiff they sent me to physical therapy.

I also found out this fall I have degenerative arthritis in my left ankle/foot and now first hand how much bad ankles suck. Most days I get out of bed walking like an old man cause they're stiff and hurt. And at age 22 thats a bitch.

#4 ·
I know all about bad ankles. I have a piece of titanium in my left fibula from destroying it 3 years ago. I also dislocated my ankle while it broke. As for taking it easy thats not an option. I am a Hosptial SuperFlashlight Cop.

#6 ·
:sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay: I was just about to call him a whiner myself.

I work at a hospital and while walking from building to building outside I stepped off a curb and stepped on to a chunk of asphault from a pothole. i sprained my ankle pritty bad, now I gets to work 8 more hours with a air cast on.:(
Dude, you work at a hospital, get a hot nurse to rub your ankle for you................just don't tell your wife.:tonka:

There is a whiner tax on the XJ,...........the price just went up:sonicjay::sonicjay:

#8 ·
With a name like lets blaze lets hope your employer doesn't do a drug screening to verify if you were under the influence or not during above said accident....

I wouldn't report it :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

#10 ·
cartman, did the GF leave U. welcome back. I gave up the stickie 10 years ago.
Im not a whiner...... well maybe a bit.
Flareside will you rub my back for me???

#12 ·
ankles suck! you should grab a bottle of vikes and send them to me. :thumb:

#15 ·
I'm guessing you reported it since you got an air cast. If you didn't, make sure you report it in case you develop any complications and have to take time off.

One of the guys on my gymnastics team terribly dislocated his left elbow and tore some ligaments last night and our biggest show of the year is in 4 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.