Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Project "Neon on the rocks"

3K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  nate4d 
#1 ·
The title is corny but that's where I started with it.It's a single seat,rear engine,4 wheel steer buggy with a 2.4L engine and manual 5sp. out of a dodge neon.A few specs: 100 w.b. 20" of belly clearance and sits 5'6" tall.I will be running 35"BFG KM2's on toyota steer axles.Hopefully weighs under 2500lbs. finished.16" fox air shox on the front,3link w/pan hard and 1/4 elleptical on the rear 3 link w/ a wishbone.I'm currently waiting on some material to show up so I can get the pan hard bar on the front to see if there is any binding issues before I finish gussets and welding

See less See more
#6 ·
How are you going about running the drivetrain off of the transaxle? I imagine if you could get a 4 or 5:1 R&P for it, it could be just like a full-time transfercase if you weld the spiders. (?)

Looks neat. :thumb:

#17 ·
Visibility is blocked where most rigs aren't but I can see below what you are looking at and see the whole front axle.I think I have the visibility where it matters.Starting out I will have a crawl ratio of 54:1 but can go to 76:1 if need be.The chassis is nowhere near done as far as tube work but you start to get the idea.C.G. should be really low but it's so ass backwards I guessed on the suspension to get a base line.I'm not even going to play it out like I know what I'm doing here.:sonicjay:I think I will be cloose to what I want but may be a mile off.:confused:

#21 ·
Front suspension is all done and no binding issues so I just need to tear it apart for final welding.I just finished the exhaust last night and will be starting the rear as soon as I get the rest of the parts.But this is what it looks like at ride height.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.