Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1% prez........"the jiggler"

229K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  Mr.Green 
#1 · (Edited)
just finishing up my tj and my buddys tj(wheelsofsteele). he did a 60 front w 60 rear out of a 79 ford. had a rubicon long arm so we changed the upper links in rear, tossed the rear trackbar and built a 3 link for the front. i did a 60 front 14 bolt rear,3 link front, leaves in the rear. streched to 103. i built new arms for the front and 2.5 currie joints. will post up pictures and more detail when i figure out how to get these pictures in photobucket. we started mikes jeep july 29 sun night and finishing it up today. his tj is a 1997 mine is a 2003. there is some diffrent stuff between the years.i will give detail on what we ran into.

#635 ·
well backs done. have all the old crap off my front axle.should have that all in tomorrow. the 4 link turned out awesome, cycled it and nothing moves or hit's. had to do some changing once but it's good now. i have the back about were ride height is going to be.(notice the back tires are off the ground.) will have 8 up and 8 down in the back.
sitting on the ground it will be about 5,8 to the top of the cage.23 inches of clearence under the belly. so it's going to be low and super stable.
cory mocked me up a super cool tank.will get that all welded up and my radiator should be here tue. building a nice piece inside to mount my orbital and bring my steering wheel back. starting to get geeked!! it's coming together good. will be 116 to 118 wb.

#636 ·
joe stopped tonight and he has some good pictures.so make him post the nice ones.

#640 ·
will be adding 2 more bars on each side were the coilover mounts.should bring the side bar look to the back and brace the 2 bars together.

Attachments

#643 ·
Well I didnt think erin had it in him.To take his time and do it nice.But holy shit this thing Looks great in person. I was trying to pick it apart so i could rip on him but I found nothing I could give him a hard time about . Looks sweet man cant wait to see more progress..... Keep up the good work:rock:

#647 ·
damn man that is looking awesome!

#652 ·
going to change the angle on my front coilovers for the 3rd time. have to do some adjustment on springs also.the back is about 3 inches higher then i want.also have to put the radiator and gas tank in.running the coolant through the frame. i am parts running tomorrow so i have a day away from it..i need it.
running a single ended ram..was lost on what to get..so it's good to have friends that know the guys that know...got the part number for the orbital,what and were to get a ram,the fluid and even the hose size..all this came from my southern hero's..shawn your the man for making that call.

#654 ·
thanks jim..i will take you for a ride when it's done..maybe you will want a buggy again.

#662 ·
i have a feeling joe is going to be the first one in it.since he is going to get it running and do the plumbing and wiring..he will be out driving it around his yard without me.:(

#657 ·
blue and silver colin.

the orbital i was told to run is a series 10 eaton,not cheap!! and running a se 7 1/2 stroke ram.

#659 ·
this one is only 400.. it is a charlyn valve..going with the same setup everyone is running down south. so yea i'm southern dick swinging again.

#664 ·
Sure you wanna take steering advice from the guys who spend more time bouncing sideways off rocks and ledges than they do on anything resembling a trail?

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot who I was talking to!

#663 ·
i will get the specs and post it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.