Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

My trip to the Bantam Jeep Festival 2012

5K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  89yjon 
#1 ·
Took a few pics of the Bantam Jeep Festival. They are from my phone, so the quality isn't the best. Hope you enjoy.

See less See more
#7 ·

I got to interupt Rick Pewe's lunch for a cheesy photo....What a cool down to earth guy. Very friendly and willing to stop and talk with you. I walked past him twice, and finally said what the hell, and walked up and asked if I could get a pic together. Glad I did.

And this was is Willys he drove 4000 miles from Tempe Arizona. What a ride that must have been.

His famous beer coozie....:beerbang:

#11 · (Edited)
:thumb:
Nice. I wanted to go, but didn't. Maybe next year.
Make plans, you wont be dissappointed.
That Scrambler Overlander thing is so badass. Anyone know anything more about it? Factory package? Making of that top?
I read his info sheet, but dont really remember a whole lot. These were a mail carrier edition, with only 200 being produced, and this one was 1 of 3 known to exist in the U.S. I think the top was only produced for these models. There was a company at the show that was making a top that is similar to this one, but it was PRICEY!!!! $3500-$4000

#17 ·
Yeah, thats what his info sheet said. It was right hand drive as well.

I talked with the guy from GR8TOPS, and he said they were pretty close to letting it go into production. Thought it was pretty cool that it was a modular design, and broke down into different sections for storage, or coverage of the jeep. Nice guy to talk with. Little rich for my blood, but very cool. Totally changed the profile of the LJ. I like it.

#18 ·
Yeah, thats what his info sheet said. It was right hand drive as well.

I talked with the guy from GR8TOPS, and he said they were pretty close to letting it go into production. Thought it was pretty cool that it was a modular design, and broke down into different sections for storage, or coverage of the jeep. Nice guy to talk with. Little rich for my blood, but very cool. Totally changed the profile of the LJ. I like it.
BIGWALTON from here has a Postal CJ-8 that he got in Alaska (Thread here: What side of the road do they drive on in MI??? - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.