Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Single tracks...

4K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  boggin-machine 
#1 ·
Have a favorite in Michigan? This weekend I learned I like the tight singles a ton more than getting it on the sandy ass ATV trails.

#2 ·
My favorites will kill you on your bike. The MCCCT that is N & S of the nation forest campground in Luzerne is the best L.P. singletrack we have found.

Mio, evart (once they clear the trees even more), Tomahawk, Tin Cup (though sandy in spots).

Not sure on the westside of the state...

#8 ·
So, are you planning on single tracking the klr? They are pretty heavy for sand and real tight trails. I have been thinking of getting a mid 90's cr250 for the singles? They are cheap and pretty good bikes as far as I know.

#9 ·
I have a KLX 650. Lighter than the KLR, better suspension, more off road oriented. Don't get me wrong, it's heavy (375lbs wet) but it's got plenty of grunt and suspension for me and the trails I have seen so far. The rear shock is non adjustable, but once I outgrow it, it's easily swapped to something better.

It's NOT a dirt bike, but it's not a street bike either. I really think it's a great compromise for me. I can ride to work, ride up to my g'parents cabin, and also play on the trails.

Not my bike, but similar setup.

#12 ·
just got off the north loop of the leota trails, awesome riding right now after the rain, only wide enough to fit your bars through in alot of spots. i ride alot after work in the middle of the week, and theres not too many citiots out here on the polaris 800s and shit. the denton loop, which runs from 27 to 61 is alot of fun, its a 43 mile loop, and has alot of different terrain. goes from real tight wooded, into a clear cut and tall sandy burms, a little mud, then onto snowmobile trails and orv routes, so you can get a little throttle on.

#16 ·
Sandtown and Kinross in the U.P.!!!

Sandtown rules compared to Kinross, but Kinross is closer... I can ride there after work and be home before dark... Plus there is the Malamute Bar right at the end of the road... always good for a Burger and a Beer after!:beer:

Tomahawk "B" is pretty good... You guys need to come North to get GOOD riding...:nana::poke:

#17 ·
ZOMG I H8 SANDTOWN!!!1!!1!

Seriously. There is about 5 miles of uber-sweet singletrack, the rest seems to be seriously whooped out. :( Rode it this summer.

My You Pee favorites are Kinross, Silvercreek, ....

...hell, let;s just say I love most everything but Sandtown up there.

as far as Tomahawk - ignore the title...it was on B - not A:

Motorcycle vids :: tomahawk_71606_03.flv video by scot_douglas - Photobucket

#20 ·
Nice vid... I haven't had the opportunity to get out too much this year... busy with house and fatherly stuff... Last year at Sandtown was good...

If any of you guys get up this way again to ride... PM me... I go by 89TRX350RX on TT if you look there as well....

'Bird...

#25 ·
having lived in petoskey for 7 years i spent more then enough time rideing b loop and a loop. its a it good time and have put thousands of miles on them trails over the years where is till go to ride them now, they are always changing and never get old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.