Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

2012 Club Challenge Sept 1st

27K views 283 replies 55 participants last post by  brewmenn 
#1 ·
Lot crawl //Long Crawl. Drivers meeting 10am. Event will start right after, 3 rigs run same time from Club or wheeling group. Push, pull, drag, strapped together or just go for it . $25 per rig , no park fee for comp drivers. As of now rules still apply as before. With the exceptions there will be more cones for the tough areas to discourage side steping the course. More info to come.

5 min pen. if rig has to be left behind due to breakage or out of GAS!!! Breakage will be assest by ME before left behind. If something is broke that can cause other MAJOR damage but rig could still move I will not force someone to cause more repairs. example:: If U-joint breaks and a knuckle is coming apart due to the shafts not lining up you can stop. But if broke clean and you still have a one wheel peel you still go. Questions to be answered at drivers meeting. You can repair //add gas, on course if you think you can do it in less than the 5 min pen.

WHO'S In??
Can be changed to Sunday if it works better for everyone
New note. I am tring to put a lunchin together for this for drivers and spotters, or whom ever if we can get enough goodies to eat. Will post if I can get it done. Bring a dish to pass at tent in camp area Lunch break after lot crawl for 1 hour
Questions call me please.

See less See more
#6 ·
you going to make everyone drive the whole course or you going to let them take a penalty if they wanna drive around stuff?

#7 ·
Well seeing how everyone did it before a stiffer pen. for hitting cones and a no dead cone rule. every time you touch a cone it counts front and back tire whatever. Is that what you are thinking. Or are the rules OK ,As last year there was no real issues brought up.

#8 ·
Definitely would be a good idea to have the rules CLEARLY stated in this thread, in the original post, so there's no debating or whining the day of the Comp.
Plenty of time between now and Sept 1st to tweak them. I'm sure there will be plenty of input and some that will never be happy. But it's your comp and your rules.
Hopefully there will be a big turnout. It's more about the fun than the $$$

#9 ·
3 rigs run same time .Drive,push ,pull or drag to finish. 1 min per cone or O.B tape touched per rig. Only first touch counts per cone per rig..

5 minute Pen for broken rig left behind.
Passing dead rig aloud with NO pen if you have to leave course to pass. Take shortest route needed. I will be there to guide you.
NO rigs will move while a recovery is being hooked or winched with other drivers out of their rig. Unless it is the lead rig traveling forwards. No all stop go horn this year.
Team Drivers can help/ spot each other after even after they have finished with their rig. But you can not re-enter the course once finished with your rig.
It is suppose to be a fun freindly comp. Very simple rules. Same for every one
I will have extra cones in areas that seam to have a tacticle reason to take a pen to save time. This should detour people from doing this.

#11 ·
First, what if 2 rigs go down? There was confusion last year

Second, I think if someone breaks, it should be up to them, not you. In the heat of a comp, I tend to push myself hard enough, and then when I need to wait to be told to stop, I may push it to hard...just saying. If they break, and stop, it can be ruled after if they were broke enough or the dead ride pentaly should be higher to push people to ride and not just quit. Remember, it is just for fun.

My .02 cents

#20 ·
how did i get brought into this? i might throw a 1% group together for this...:sonicjay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.