Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1% prez........"the jiggler"

229K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  Mr.Green 
#1 · (Edited)
just finishing up my tj and my buddys tj(wheelsofsteele). he did a 60 front w 60 rear out of a 79 ford. had a rubicon long arm so we changed the upper links in rear, tossed the rear trackbar and built a 3 link for the front. i did a 60 front 14 bolt rear,3 link front, leaves in the rear. streched to 103. i built new arms for the front and 2.5 currie joints. will post up pictures and more detail when i figure out how to get these pictures in photobucket. we started mikes jeep july 29 sun night and finishing it up today. his tj is a 1997 mine is a 2003. there is some diffrent stuff between the years.i will give detail on what we ran into.

#1,532 ·
Just to let you know.those shitty Spicer joints have been in there for 4 years.

#1,533 ·
IDK, I have broken plenty of stubs and wore out my lockright in my 60 all on the same spicer joints. Tack weld the caps to the ears and have never had a problem. Occansionaly the welds break and I grind them down and reweld.

But I do have intentions of going to supierors and better joints eventually.

#1,534 ·
That I'd why the rcv,s come about.I planned on getting some super joints but got offered a good deal on rcv's. I wanted rcv for a while.so its time.I have never had 1 issue with my shafts or joints since I put them in.

#1,541 ·
been looking for a short drum winch for the front. wanted a warn 9500 rock crawl but $1400.00 wasnt going to happen.i might use it 5 times a year. so i come across this sweet knock off for 350.00. i already have rope and a wireless remote.called the company and can get it cheaper then 350.00. me being the bargain shopper i am.going to try it.was very happy with my titan.but its too big for my buggy.

Attachments

#1,543 ·
Really? That heavy? My 42 TSLs are only 158 each and those are on H1 wheels with rubber beadlocks and a good sized rock ring. Are the SX's themselves that much heavier?

Erin, I am selling the Ford 205 from my rig if youre interested.

NOT sent from an iPhone

#1,546 ·
yea the 43 is heavy 121 pds each. i have some ford 205's lined up but ill keep you in mind if something changes.

#1,549 ·
Yea I hate those things.so should I get 40 krawlers or 42 krawlers both reds.for my second set of tires?

#1,551 ·
The only catch is the 42 krawler is only available for a 20" wheel.

#1,559 ·
it will get one before the motor goes back in.

#1,565 · (Edited)
after talking to some people i changed my rcv order.300m on the way.ouch that hurt the pocket...(mike at rocksolid got my order changed at the last minute,thanks!) after those i need to decide what to get for blingin 14 bolt shafts.

#1,567 ·
i wanna wheel every weekend and after i drive 15 hours down south, i dont wanna have stupid breaks because i was a cheap ass...(like i usually am):teehee:

#1,571 ·
Will be done enough to be in my semi heading to Alabama the 4 the.

#1,573 ·
i have nothing to add today,waiting for some parts and some time,has to be done next weekend,thank god i have good fri off. stopped at corys tonight on the way back down state..he has a bunch to do also...:teehee:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.