Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1% prez........"the jiggler"

229K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  Mr.Green 
#1 · (Edited)
just finishing up my tj and my buddys tj(wheelsofsteele). he did a 60 front w 60 rear out of a 79 ford. had a rubicon long arm so we changed the upper links in rear, tossed the rear trackbar and built a 3 link for the front. i did a 60 front 14 bolt rear,3 link front, leaves in the rear. streched to 103. i built new arms for the front and 2.5 currie joints. will post up pictures and more detail when i figure out how to get these pictures in photobucket. we started mikes jeep july 29 sun night and finishing it up today. his tj is a 1997 mine is a 2003. there is some diffrent stuff between the years.i will give detail on what we ran into.

#1,454 ·
Why? Stock lq4 makes more power and has more potential to make big power. Stick with a stock 5.3 and continue to drive like it owes you something knowing a replacement is only $500 when your trying to right a rollover. You're going to drive more cautiously to not hurt a bling engine. F that, stocker and hold it to the floor :sonicjay:

#1,455 ·
i was drinking and holding it off the rev limiter for 5 minutes at a time sat night.:sonicjay:

#1,457 ·
all aluminum for 1 brandon.i hate 6.0 liters.dont rev fast enough unless you dump a ton of money into them.i dont know im looking for options for more power.not apposed to spend a couple grand on something. dont get me wrong i love the 5.3. just want more.i can get around 430 out of my 5.3 easy.a stock ls1 is around 450 and weighs less.

#1,459 ·
woops i meant 340 hp for my 5.3 and 350 for the ls1.yes i want the vette motor. i dont know im just looking at options brandon.i have 6 weeks to have it all done...

#1,464 ·
I agree with ya there randy.I have to pull the motor so might as well do some upgrades. Now that you say that randy.that was my motto when I raced bikes.kept the motor stock and reliable and put all my money into suspension and setup. Damn I hate to say your right!

#1,472 · (Edited)
OK.just got a hook up on a lq9 short Block,l92 heads,(think thats the number he said) cam,springs and a new tune.should be around 500 HP...my buddy is doing it for me.so I'm bring in the woopoow now. I will keep my stick.look at those pic.would of flipped it with a auto.

#1,474 ·
couple more shots i found.

Attachments

#1,475 ·
i was shifting from second to first in the air...so suck it chevota and your automatic.:teehee:

#1,477 ·
My buddy is building the motor for me.new bearing gaskets.he said he was upgrading the bolts.and a few other things.I'm not a motor guy so I am glad he is doing it.the juggler should get it done now.I talked to a guy that all he does is L's motors.running the combo he told me.said I could get a different crank and stroke it and be 600 horse.I don't need that.

#1,482 ·
Think my fuel pump is good.I'll ask about the injectors Brandon.my buddy has some headers he wants me to run.but I kinda like my 2011 Camero manifolds. I want it to rumble now though.

#1,483 ·
If they're shorty headers don't bother. The stock manifolds flow plenty, you're not gonna notice a real difference unless you go long tubes.

Like Feva said, you definitely need bigger injectors to match those mods, and of course the tune to run it right.

#1,487 ·
The guy I got the heads and short block from said use stock also. I'll send my computer back to b&d in Nevada.he will tune it for free for me since he already did it.he also gave me the can # and spring # from summit. Here is what I will have into it.
Short block.500.00
Heads.250.00
Cam and springs 550.00
Tune shipping...20 bucks
Gaskets , bearings. 150.00
All of my accesories will work from my 5.3.
So around 1500.00 I get a fresh motor and 200 HP.

#1,492 ·
everyone says i dont need to change the injectors. hope to have this going in 2 weeks.

#1,494 ·
what makes you think that brandon? rocksolid has done a bunch of these they said injectors are fine.my tuner said at the best tune he could do they are right at the max.but they work. do you think changing them will give me more power? i want to do this right so i value any opinion anyone can give me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.