Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Rebuilt Title

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  fordbronco 
#1 ·
Worth it? Doesn't appear to be any major damage, in fact it looks really solid but still the title is rebuilt and the vehicle is from Illinois. Just wondering how much of a hit it takes on the blue book and how much of a pia it would be to resell. 2006 Jeep Wrangler SE.

#3 ·
Agreed. Depends what kind of shape it's in, what you plan to do with it, how good of a deal it is, etc. Way too many variables for us to decide if it's a good idea for you or not.

#9 ·
My current truck in my avatar is a rust free 2000 silverado with salvage title. ive had several ppl offer me 4800 to 5200 (what i want for it) but i have decided not to sell yet. 80% of ppl are turned off by the title, but those other offers the people didnt mind it. my truvk is solid and was rebuilt so everything is straight. dont buy it unless you pay half kbb value is what id say.

#6 ·
a) For that 'this car runs for over $16,000' to be true, it would have to be 100% stock. Modifications add little to nothing to resale value.

b) Even at $11,500, that seems a bit high for 84,000 miles and 'rebuilt'.

c) depends on why it was rebuilt and who did the work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.