Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Sandbagging - Renamed - APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION

25K views 147 replies 48 participants last post by  blue_toy 
#1 · (Edited)
So for all you haters here's my attempt at a buggy build so i can compete with you the "Big Boys".......not in my toyota.........watch out for what you wish for....:finger:

First time from scratch build, so here is goes...actually started 2 yrs ago ....never went anywhere... it wil be a 4 seater, I promised my kids

1 3/4" DOM
125" wb
419 front mog axles (front and rear steer)
05' 5.3 L33
turbo 350
atlas 3.8
front rear 2" DOM 4 link w/coilovers
49" iroks
recentered stock 20" unimog rims
Inner Air Bead Lock and rock rings

I've made decent progress over the last couple months, here is some pics

#8 ·
nice!

what brand is that bender,is it air or hydro assist? it looks to make nice bends.

#11 ·
I made the bender a couple of years ago......bought some plans off of Pirate. Its air over hydraulic.

You have to run at least once in awhile in the 40 and under class! The one comp I did you were the one that beat me! Need a chance to at least TRY and kick your ass with the new motor!:finger:

Seriously, have fun with it, looks like it will be a good time!:thumb:

Don't worry, either I won't have time or $$ to finish this and will run the toyota again......regardless it will get run again (it needs a little tlc though). You can always bump up to the next class with that new 6.0 :thumb:

#10 ·
You have to run at least once in awhile in the 40 and under class! The one comp I did you were the one that beat me! Need a chance to at least TRY and kick your ass with the new motor!:finger:

Seriously, have fun with it, looks like it will be a good time!:thumb:

#17 ·
looks gay, your going to suck ass now for sure.:sonicjay:

about time you busted some pictures out.going to be one hell of a rig mike.better not do a lot, because i am sure after we spend a week at the koh race. you are going to want to change stuff.:poke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.