Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

My 95 ZJ RC long arms and IRO 5.5" coils!!!!

16K views 39 replies 12 participants last post by  Jeep ZJ 
#1 · (Edited)
Couple pics of my 95 5.2l zj with the rough country budget 3.5in lift and 32's

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
installed Flowmaster exhaust and removed the cat, replaced with 2.5in pipe sounds great will post video when i get a chance....

all so a huge thanks to Bryan at 4wd in Ohio for the great price on the huge box in my driveway............more on that 1 later :)

#11 ·
paid $799 for bumper new

and all i did for front driveshaft was got to a u-pull yard and get the double cardine style with u-joints and slip spline shaft cause the factory 1 was a cv end shaft and we trashed it first time at Silver Lake...so basically it was is stock shaft just not the original

#14 ·
the TXR's are nice, been to silver lake and rocks and valleys with them driving on the highway their and back, bought them for $75 all four and they are pretty much done but have done well, not sure what they cost new but im looking at the new goodyear mtr's myself

and for the axle not all front axles are the same length and the xj 1's will work as well so take tape measure and find the longest you can..

#22 ·
but we are talking zjs. did they have different ride heoghts?

Jeep ZJ - yep 7" lift AND stock driveshaft. Works fine. Possibly because I am using a long arm lift and the axle shift (front to back movement) while flexing is much less than with a short arm kit.

Nice looking rig by the way Don4life
i see maybe thats y i had to get a new one im running short arms at the moment haha hope it will still work wen i long arm it lol

x2 nice zj don4life and TommyCJ7 :beer:

#23 ·
It all depends on the lift. If you are using short links, the axle swings further forward the taller you go. A stock shaft will work just fine.
When you instal long arms, you re-center the axle in the wheel well (depending on the lift) and sometimes you need to get the DS lengthened.

Don- I really like the stance of your rig.

#28 ·
New sound system!!

Here is the first wave of the new sound system...

Kenwood HD radio deck, Power Acoustik midbbass component set for the front, and Kicker KS 6 1/2 rears. Everything sounds great the little mid bass speakers and Kickers really improved the sound quality, great mids, and LOUD, plus i never had a deck get so many stations in crystal clear!!!!!

Attachments

#30 ·
NEW Long Arm lift is all finally here.I'll be running Rough Country bolt on long arms with IRO 5.5" springs, track bars, bpe's, ss brakelines, and DT 8000 shocks(with the adj. spacers should sit around 6.5" of lift total)

Will update with pics when installed.....

#31 ·
New pics now with RC long arm upgrade and IRO 5.5" springs, dbl. sheer frnt track bar, adj. rear track bar, DT8000 shocks, BPE's, and SS extended brake lines.

The front is a little higher than the rear because of the JCR adj. spacer but i plan on removing them for the time being.

Attachments

#35 ·
Hoping for good weather soon i need to get this thing finished....

also need a local offroading buddy to go out with, we own this well built ZJ ,that needs to do more than get me to work, but dont like the idea of going out alone and i dont know any local offroad spots..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.