Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

H U G E AIR at silver lake!! Wow!!

41K views 369 replies 68 participants last post by  dragginwagon406 
#1 ·
#24 ·
It has a body shaped like a Raptor body, albeit on steriods and all bulgy.

I saw the truck at B&L looking pretty and afterwards it was hauled back on a flatbed. 30 minutes run time on a freshly built pre-runner. The frame tubing was tweaked pretty badly, everywhere. It won't be back anytime soon.

#27 ·
Mike Higgins has accomplished the incredible feat of jumping the farthest ever in a vehicle at Silver Lake. It was 180 feet. He was not injured in the jump. Congratulations to Mike Higgins and his Ford Raptor. Pictures and the video can be seen back on the site at DuneTV.com and you can follow along with me and Dune TV on Facebook at Dunetv Sand
I disagree with their comments. He just showed us that gravity still works.

#31 ·
That thing wasn't even CLOSE to a Pro2 truck. There's nothing "Pro" about a bunch of fiberglass surrounding inadequate tube work. Sure, it was probably better than 90% of the stuff out at SL, especially considering the lack of injuries, but nowhere near Pro2 level.

#33 ·
Because the thing folded in half on a landing that wasn't all that hard by professional racing standards. I can only see so much of it in the video, but the amount of tube and supports look nowhere near like what I've seen in the pro trucks. I'm not saying it's a pile of junk, but it sure doesn't look like it was built beefy enough for the kind of abuse it's gonna see based on that video.

#35 ·
That was a terrible landing, no doubt, but have you ever seen one of those races in person? They're hard on equipment and built much more rigid than that thing appears to be

#54 ·
Because he jumped as far and actually kept the truck flat and landed it and continued to race? Yeah, I agree.

Seems like everyone is jealous they don't have the money to jump super sweet raptor pro trophy trucks and set world records. The guy has balls bigger than anyone's house on here.
LOL. Sure..

From mikes Facebook page
Wow. I wonder who's old Pro-Lite it was. That is some serious frame bending right behind the cab. I though they had more of a diagonal running to the back of the chassis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.