Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

U.S. Marine slaps army reserve hardass

10K views 123 replies 38 participants last post by  Coyote Red 
#1 ·
#9 ·
While the kid is whiny douche, I am getting really tired of "hardass" cops like the one pictured. The level of physical force used is completely inappropriate and disproportional for the situation.

While the kid is aggravating, the cop needs to exercise some professional restraint. He - like far too many cops - need to remember that they're a public servant. This seems especially rampant on smaller forces, where there's less supervision and less to do.

And all of the "once a Marine always a Marine" BS is fun when you're kidding around, (unless he's in the Reserves) this cop is not a U.S. Marine - he's (allegedly) a former Marine.

#10 ·
There's also the little fact that every single one of us would be just as pissed off as that kid if we were unarmed and confronted by two other men in your own home while they were ripping off all your shit and the cops took 45 minutes to mosey on over. Blatant abuse of power and use of excessive force against a citizen who was just victimized under the guise of "Marine Pride." Let's all applaud this cop's own total disregard for the rights of a citizen HE SERVES and make another thread later bitching about cops doing the same to someone else.

#12 ·
I have mixed feelings. The kid immediately went on the attack regarding the arrival time and was cocky from the get go. As they got closer, we can't see in the video if the kid was more aggressive, clenched his fists or the like. It was also the kid who started with the "you're messing with a soldier" bullshit. I'm not a cop but I can't stand that attitude.

#16 ·
I didn't have an issue with a single thing that happened in the original video, except, after the cop 'accepted' this kid's apology, he kept bringing it up and busting his balls about it. It was always taught that once you accept an apology, it was a done, never happened issue.

I didn't watch the 2nd video, but WTF happened to the guys that allegedly assaulted the army reserve guy to begin with?

#17 ·
I think the kid was a little douchy but acting so because he was frustrated. If the cop had acted professionally he could have defused the situation verbally. Instead he had to proce his badassness as a marine and then start to cover his trail and care if he did do harm to the citizen after. I think the cop is a massive peice of.shit due to his actions.

#22 ·
Just another case of "look at my badge I have a small penis". The kid is just another "I am in the military to cover up my small penis". Both are worthless fucks. The cop should go back to playing LL cool J like the ************ he is. The kid should get his ass kicked every time he plays the "U.S. solider" card.

#38 ·
No matter how anyone responds to this video... No one has all of the facts.

From what is presented... A guy got robbed and when the cops finally got around to helping him they responded to an obviously upset individual with a beat down.

I know exactly what I'd do in this situation because I'm not the everyday average joe and have deployed to war. I have absolutely zero tolerance for people who abuse their power and being raised properly I know that being granted power doesn't mean I have the right to abuse the people that I have power over. It means I do what I can to help them and if someone decides to attack me I have every right to defend my life.

That officer had absolutely zero justification for what he did no matter how you try and rationalize it. The ONLY reasons you have for backing up that cop is because you blindly follow a badge and/or you have forgotten the most basic principals our Constitutional Republic were founded upon.

#39 ·
wrong I know a cop doesn't have to wait until he is attacked to defend himself. I know from the video that whinny ass "crime victim" approached the police in an aggressive manner and talking shit. If it was me in that situation I wouldn't have waited to be hit I would have hit first and would have be justified in doing so, same as the officer in the video. They didn't go over board and continued to beat on the kid, they stopped the threat presented to them. They didn't walk up and hit the kid for no reason. They didn't start out the encounter on the wrong foot, the kid did. He brought it to that level, NOT the police. And the guy said he was "robbed", nothing in the video suggested that he was, because people never lie to the police about being a victim to attempt to cover up what they did.

This post has been deleted
#46 ·
I would be more inclined to take the police officers side. However, he clearly is on a power trip. Was I needed for him to pull the marine card? Did he let it go? After he had the kid say sorry why didnt he get to the matter at hand? He shows so much aggression I am willing to bet he like the power.

#47 ·
SS you are off the reservation to the point of being irrational about this.

You mean to tell me that "" for example"" because the enemy has not fired upon you "YET" that it is wrong, lawfully and morally to fire upon them? You should stand by while the enemy unslings their weapon, loads it, aims, and fires before reacting? Wait, you can react... But it should be limited to hand gestures and kind words until they actually shoot you...

Or that it is the military's policy to meet force only with equal force? -- Because they have not fired rockets at you, you may not fire rockets at them? (And if that is the case that it is not a reeeeetardud policy?) Law enforcement has to work on a similar principle. Without that ability to escalate within reason it would be pointless.

Somehow this is getting confused with a marines vs army thing, or a respect vs disrespect thing.

BTW you mentioned 'the actions of law enforcement of the past 20 years'. Dude, 20+ years ago (well probably more like 40+) there was NO oversight of law enforcement. The Sherf did wtf he damned well pleased and answered to no one but his buddy the judge. NOTHING made it to the Supreme Court for a measure of Constitutionality. There is more accountability now than ever, too much in some cases (perhaps not enough in some other cases).

#51 ·
I would have been ok with the take down had the cop attempted to defuse the situation or at least give warning prior to the assault. In the vid the cop clearly approached the kid not the other way around and the kid pointed that out prior to the assault. I could care less if the cop had to best his ass, pepper spray and or taze the kid had he taken the professional approach. And as hancho stated his comments sfter the take down were not the professional routine.

#52 ·
blah blah blah. The smartass kid started out on the wrong foot. He called the cops for help and immediately went on the offensive. "don't bite the hand that feeds you".

I was raised to respect law enforcement officers and I would never consider going on the offensive like he did. He was wrong. A cop puts his life on the line every time he goes on one of these calls and after some time, I'm sure they get pretty good at reading the situation. This cop read the situation and realized the kid's aggravation was escalating quickly. So, he ended it quickly. All the kid got was a bruised ego.

I can't imagine dealing with assholes like that every day. I would not last on that job as my patience would not put up with it.

#61 ·
I agree. I was brought up to respect officers, as well as others (until disrespected). Yes, some officers demand respect. Others do not. I too would not last on that job dealing with wanna be tough guys like this video, day after day.
I can't stress enough.....if this guy had been respectful in the beginning, this situation would have never happened.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.