Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

H U G E AIR at silver lake!! Wow!!

41K views 369 replies 68 participants last post by  dragginwagon406 
#1 ·
#43 ·
I would have to agree somewhat on that. I'm sure there's balsy people that would do the same on here.

But yes all the negative comments are stupid. Who cares, it was a sweet video to watch, guy just destroyed a rig with $10,000 or more in shocks and bumps. Quit bitchin and enjoy it and be glad it's not you :sonicjay:

#45 ·
I would have to agree somewhat on that. I'm sure there's balsy people that would do the same on here.

But yes all the negative comments are stupid. Who cares, it was a sweet video to watch, guy just destroyed a rig with $10,000 or more in shocks and bumps. Quit bitchin and enjoy it and be glad it's not you :sonicjay:

Who Cares? You're not serious?

Jumping is one thing..............being an idiot risking lives in a public park, is beyond stupidity. What would have happened had that thing gone into a group of spectators.

Do that crap in a private park, not Silver Lake.

#50 ·
Ok guys I'm not the one doing it nor am I stupid enough to. Don't get upset because I enjoyed watching the video.

It's silver lake, watch your ass because nobody else is going to watch it for you.

I know because the douchebag in the blue long travel rail that says watch out under it.... Came about a foot to the side of running me over on my quad one day. Now I watch out for my self as everyone else needs to.

#52 ·
The point being made is not that the video was not enjoyable. It is that in a public park this is not the type of behavior that's is favorable to keeping it open for others to enjoy. Yes it is a congested area that is dangerous as is. Actions like this not only increase this danger, they also give fuel to future closures. Think what you want but this is not something that should be allowed. Not knowing Mike I assume he is an egotistical prick who likes to flaunt money in areas that will draw a large crowd. If this is un true why didn't he get permission to do this stunt in a closed environment?

#62 ·
I also found a video where he roost a whole crowd on top if test with a raptor that's gray and white (truck). In another video of him in a silver truck much like the one wrecked he hits a huge piece of drift wood at a very high rate of speed. Last I knew looking t drift wood sideways was a ticket. Seems like this fuck face needs a good two or three gallons of bleach diwn his throat.

This post has been deleted
#75 ·
All that "money" you speak of would not cover the settlements of the lawsuits that the families of people killed or injured would file. Plus a lot of that money is eaten up paying rangers, cleanup of trails, maintenance on facilities (bathrooms, food stands, tents, etc...). If someone came over that hill like that and took out 10 people and lets say 3 nice rigs then that could be enough to close down the park if their families had just decent lawyers.

#74 ·
People have done stupid shit at silver lake for years. People die/get hurt every year and it isn't closed yet. Why would something like this cause it to close?

It's just my opinion, I'm not being a smart ass or saying people can do whatever they want. I think you guys feel I'm coming off as a non respectful dbag. I myself respect the rules, I don't speed in the 25mph zones, I don't go backwards on one ways, I watch out for people and try to be courteous.

But I can't control the other people and neither can you guys. So yelling at me about my opinions isn't going to help/solve anything...

#77 ·
I think you should read about Tellico. It was closed because of "environmental" reasons. Never the less many local hotels camp ground and restaurants were greatly effected. Tellico brought a huge amount of revenue into the area and surrounding areas. If you think that because many businesses an the state stands to loose some money they will keep it open at all cost.... Well you head is in the sand.

#87 ·
The video is stupid. The man driving the vehicle is stupid, and now I'm stupid for reading this thread and commenting in it. I really tried to stay away from this one too.

#93 ·
really? This is the front end of a pro 2 truck? 2.5" bypasses and 2.5" coilovers? Cast knuckles? Maybe 18 years ago...

It thats the case, I have a pro 4 truck in my garage. Kick ass.

Attachments

#98 ·
That truck was a piece of shit with a cheapo fiberglass body to cover the 20 year old, dated chassis and rust. Not trying to pile on, but that was a polished turd. The proof is in the video, it folded easier than SS trying to suck his own weiner.

Cool jump, yes. Dumb ass, yes. POS polished turd truck, YES.

#115 ·
I guess this thread got a little attention. The jump was crazy, a little out of control, but cool to watch. There was a group of spotters so there was no chance of anybody else getting hit. I like to jump as much or more than anybody else, but always have a spotter when i do.
Concerning the guys saying they almost got hit while hanging out on the backside of a hill, DO NOT bhang on the backside of any hill. Only bad things can happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.