Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

5 Super Swamper TSL's 31x10.5 on jeep rims

4K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Strider 
#1 · (Edited)
Sold!!!!

#9 ·
Major differences. TSLs are a bias ply primarily offroad tire that are far from good on the street. SSRs are radials that are very good on the street, very good offroad, and priced higher than TSLs. I had a set of the SSRs on my XJ and LOVED them. They drove like an AT on the street(and gripped like one thanks to the siping), and did far better than any standard MT offroad, but not quite up to par with TSLs or Boggers. Great tires:thumb: Some have complained about sidewall strength compared to the bias models but in the midwest that's rarely a problem compared to the rockier states.

#8 ·
Spend a little time and glance some more at some of the write-ups and reviews for each model via Google. They aren't necessarily superseding models. Its more that they are intended for different purposes and have significant differences among them, such as plys. load range, and sidewall thickness.

#18 ·
Keep reaching, man. :sonicjay: Now that the author understands what he has, I'm totally fine with you being the only person in this thread unabe to correctly identify the model tire he pictured. :thumb: He has SSR's, which significantly differ from regular TSL's. There's just no arguement here no matter what word games you want to play. They are two different models from two different molds..

#19 · (Edited)
The SSR is one branch of an entire line of TSL Interco tires including; Super Swamper TSL (bias ply), Super Swamper Radial TSL, Super Swamper TSL/SX, Special Service Super Swamper TSL, Super Swamper TSL/SSR, TSL Thornbird Bias ply, and the TSL Bogger. TSL

The image linked below shows the sidewall of an SSR and it, just like the OP's original post, clearly says "TSL" not "SSR".

http://www.quadratec.com/products/image_zoom.php?img=/Assets/Images/84383/84383-lg.jpg

If it makes you feel better, YOU WERE RIGHT in that his tires are SSRs. You were wrong in telling him that they were not TSLs.

#20 ·
What I am seriously saying is that the elaborate arguement you are fabricating never had any relevance toward correctly identifying the tire. I don't need you to concede to anything to make me feel better, as I already knew I was correct.

Thank you for bringing up all the other models and furthering my point. What you are doing is no different than looking at any of the Truxus models and insisting that they are a "Truxus" just to make yourself feel better about your first post in this thread, Captain Obvious. It doesn't tell you shit with respect to what tire it is.

If this guy didn't have pics and said he was selling "TSL's", people would go to his house expecting to see SX's. How pissed would you be if you drove all that way just to have them turn out to be "TSL" Thornturds (for example) and the guy give you the arguement that you're trying to give here?

Its ridiculous that you are carrying on about the sky being blue. (No shit? The sky is blue?)

#21 ·
I said something about the sky?

Are the tires Super Swamper TSLs? If not, why is that what the sidewall clearly says? that was my only question.

Why would anyone expect these to be TSL/SX tires? Neither Discount tire, nor National Wheel and Tire took that approach when I just called for pricing. They both asked which TSL I was looking for.

Take a second, pull your panties out of the bunch they're in, have a wonderful day! Oh yeah, you were mistaken.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.