Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

bluggy replacement

110K views 769 replies 72 participants last post by  Woodyjiw 
#1 ·
I am starting a new buggy build for myself. It wont be a fast build, im guessing it will take a year or two.

First step was building a decent fab table. I ordered a 5'x10' piece of 1/2" steel. I told my steel supplier I wanted the whole thing burned out with 1.250 holes burned in it also so the whole thing would be nice and square. So somewhere along the lines they took it upon themselves to just shear the plate and mag drill the holes in it :confused: when I ordered it I explained to them what I was doing so they new it had to be square. So after I get done building the legs and base and flip it over I decide to take a tape measure to the table and I find the plate is out of square and the holes aren't perfectly square either. So my bad for not measuring it before I weld the legs and everything on it. So I can live with the holes no being perfect they are just for strong had clamps for clamping, but I would like the o.d. of the table to be square for easy measuring. So does anyone have any ideas on how I can make it square for measuring like some sort of border I could have burned out or maybe make a angle iron border or something? looking for some sort of a cool idea.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.