Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

87 xj 3" Pro Comp

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  98ZJ318 
#1 · (Edited)
well after months of not having a vechile/ Jeep, i saved up a little bit of $$ and came up with this. the specs are:

1987 Cherokee
189,000 Miles
5 speed man.
4 door
floors were replaced but wasnt the best job ever and needs some work
factory hitch
Newer xj rims
3'' pro comp lift
31' Micky T's baja radials

Plans: Fix it up, redo the floors or touch them up... Bumpers, maybe differant rims, tint, maybe upgrade to 4.5 lift but this is actually paid off in full. Drove it back from Hundsonville and never had a problem just besides air in the lines..

At the price i got it, i cant complain too much, just got to put some work into it and learn how to drive a 5 speed :sonicjay:

#11 ·
Yes it is anything else youd like to know? Parts will be coming in sooner or later, and post pics of your build thread :sonicjay:

he shouldnt be worrying about the clutch, its the shat peugot trans thats in it. mine worked when i pulled the motor out of it, and put the motor back in, reverse was shot, new clutch and master cylinder
Yeah i'm keeping that in the back of my head, but if it ever does go out im sure its not hard to find a good one, or my buddy has a couple laying around

never a day in his life even attempted to drive a manual...
Wrong... I've attempted to drive a manual but since it was my buddy's car i figured i better stop before i owed him some $$

#13 ·
REALLY nice shape for an '87....factory hitch huh....did you look to see if that means factory Dana 44 rear?

I wouldn't worry about the clutch, or the Puke-joke trans, I'd worry about trouble-shooting the Renix injected 4.0L if it starts having drivability issues....oh yeah, and the semi-sealed coolant system.

#21 · (Edited)
did some wheeling, nothing too hard or anything, just wish i would of disconnected the front sway bar and had 4.5 lift with some wider tires but all in all was a fun time wheeling with 97sport, and tomcomb.. if you look close enough at one of the pictures you can see the cherry bomb dragging on the hill lol

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.