Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

xj build. 8in of lift and 35s

3K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  ajmorell 
#1 ·
I'm starting to order parts now for the jeep. Right now its completly stock. Sitting in my garage broken...
I got into an accident a few years back that made the air bag deploy so there's no way I would be able to sell it. So if I'm going to fix it I might as well go all out on it!!

I'm ordering the rough country 6.5 inch kit within the next day or 2. This weekend I'm going to be picking up some wheels and tires.
A friend said that there is some new shocks that should be out for the xj soon so I'm going to wait on them to upgrade.
Ill get some pics up as soon as I get back to my house to take pics of the way it sits now.

Any suggestions or tips let me know. I'm going for a all around wheeler...

#9 ·
How do you plan on getting 8in. of lift with the 6.5 in. Rough Country kit? Pucks in the front and lift blocks in the rear?
Your project sounds like something i'd like to do but have been too short on $$$ i'm thinkin of having my 4 liter stroked to a 4.7 before i begin workin on making it bigger, but really all you need is some good gearing. I'v just got 4" lift for now with 33x13.50 baja claws.
good luck with your build, let me know how it works out for ya

#13 ·
I had a 5.5" Rubicon Express Short arm kit with the drop down brackets (beefier than it sounds) I trimmed the front and rear fenders to get 35's on it with no rubbing. I would not go much higher than that to keep things low. I recommend the steering upgrades as others have said. Good luck with the build!

#18 ·
I'm running rc 6.5" just added aco's in the front, everything is short(shocks/drive shaft), plan everthing out carefully. I am running 35's. need to finish the rear up. If you have any questions, hopefully I can save you some head aches... have not wheeled my with the new setup yet but can't wait.

#26 ·
Is it the bends in the "long arm" kit that make it better? The arms extend out pretty far with a safe amount of threads still in the tube. The rep at rough country said it would be fine, and has a great reputation for being right. When did you guys buy your lifts? There has been changes in the last couple months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.