Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

michigan rock crawl tour

49K views 291 replies 66 participants last post by  Woodychevy38s 
#1 · (Edited)
here is some info on the rock crawl tour

#7 ·
Sounds like fun! I think you should change the wording of the "classes" a little better, everything has 50% of a frame, but are you meaning OEM frame?

Why is the winch rope in the cab such an attention grabber on the even flier? Wouldnt that be drivers meeting stuff? Are you going to break the rules down further than what's there? What about scoring, any idea on how that's going to work out yet? based on another series or something you guys came up with?

#8 ·
yes 50% oem frame bryce. alot of us were putting the winch line in the cab to save time of running line out. so no more of that...it is a timed event and you get points for your place or how far you went. if there is 14 guys, first gets 14, 2nd get 13 and on down... they have come up with this scoring from there time around the comps and everyone opinions.it works real nice,the way they run it.
get that buggy done and run in it.

you guys know i am in for this.

#11 ·
yep fastest time get's the most points.there are penalty points too though ,so the fastest don't always win the course.
they have run there comp's this way. it is very fair to everyone and easy.

#12 ·
Why not just use the time? instead of getting points for penalties, get time. That way the difference between first and second is an actual time of 90 seconds rather than one point. That one place can be a difference of 10 minutes or 1 point.... later on in the event I'd much rather have 10 minutes on someone than something that 30 seconds can change.

Make sense?

#18 ·
it all depends on the amount of entries if we run one at a time or both classes at same time were thinking both at same time but thats not etched in stone as far as scoreing the points system is the fairest way we have found to score these events plus it gives everybody a chance all the way to the end this year you will be rewarded for distance traveled if you don't finish course hope this helps feel free to ask any questions will try my best to answer thanks TT crew.Hey john thought you would like the name

#37 ·
Hey, it'll me my first time competing too so hopefully we wont look too bad out there. More so doing it for the fun of it and see how well I can do out there. Hopefully I dont run into any thing that bottoms me out too bad though cause Im only gonna be on 37's. Guess thats where the winch will come in handy though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.