Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Oxford area residents WE NEED YOU TONIGHT! Wed, 8/14.

29K views 356 replies 72 participants last post by  swampjeep 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE 8/8/13
Oakland County parks & rec is making the proposal to the township board next week, August 13 & 14th. Please turn out and be willing to let the township board that you are a resident and you support this park.:thumb:

If you are in support of the new ORV area, please make it to the Oxford Village municipal complex (22 W. Burdick St.) Thursday night for the 3rd of 3 meetings.

Last week there were several locals who voiced opposition and I suspect they will be rallying their neighbors. So, we need you.:thumb:

****** OK all you LOUD mouths .......... - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Meeting tonight to discuss Oakland County ORV park in Oxford - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

#17 ·
Update. I spoke with my guy. The county will be presenting a revised proposal that has been narrowed down based on previous input. He believes there will be local officials there that will ultimately be voting to approve/deny the project.

He told me that he appreciated us having a professional control over ourselves. My suggestion is that we once again take the high road and show that we are a professional group. One other thing, OUR GROUP wants an ORV area. I suggest we not show any negativity about parking, dog parks, zip lines, etc. Whatever the engineers deem the most attractive to the whole project is good enough for us. I know from experience that once approved that there can be minor adjustments that will enhance our sport. So, be positive, support the effort and let the locals look like crybabies. :thumb:

#19 ·
I'll be there and thank you for the reminder, Whiterhino. Parking can be a real nightmare on a normal day, but I believe we still have the "Concert in the Park" thing going on every Thursday evening. If anyone would like to park at my house and ride to the meeting with me, PM me for directions. I can fit 5 people in my truck. For those that know the area, I live at the back of Waterstone. There are a couple of empty lots next door to me and you guys are welcome to park there and consolidate vehicles.

#22 ·
:(I can't make it this week. The farmers market and concert in the park were going on last week. Parking was a little cramped but there were still spots across the street. Thanks again Jim for holding our feet to the fire and getting people out there to support/advocate for our sport.

#32 ·
It was different than last week. Lots of emotion and I don't think much was accomplished other than to say there was support for and opposition against the park.

What I do know is this. There is a comment page on the Oakland County Parks & Rec. page. I need to get the link and post it so people can post positive things. In addition, there is the presentation to the township board on August 13 & 14th. Again, need to verify the dates.

I suspect that will be the more important meeting where there will be people threatening the local officials with "I voted for you and if you approve this I'm going to vote you out". SOOOOOOOOOOO local Oxford residents who are pro ORV REALLY NEED TO SHOW UP.

They presented a time line of applications, approvals, grants, purchase of the property and park opening. At today's current timeline, the opening of the park would be no sooner than May 2016.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.