Votes: 70 24.0%
  • not yet

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • no

Votes: 183 62.7%

Who still has a job?........for now.

6K views 97 replies 83 participants last post by  GLS 
#1 ·
Curious how many are laid off from this board alone.

#7 ·
Not gone as of yet, but I also work at a Chevy dealership and we are dead in the water. Also, with GM's news yesterday, I'm pretty sure we will be one of the dealerships to close being that LaFontaine's Mega Dealership (GMC, Buick, Pontiac, Cadillac) is right next door...........

#17 ·
I got laid off earlier this year from GM probably wont get called back ever I hired in at 18 and am 22 now so I only had 4 years of seniority so Im way down the list of call backs. Im back in school full time now for radiology and work for my old boss doing fab work on his hot rod. So hopefully life will only get better from here.

#23 ·
I work in the auto parts industry and lost my job last fall...I do not expect to get called back. I still have friends that work there (Skeleton Crew) and now with GM closing for 9 weeks the plant (Die Casting) is also closing for the 9 weeks. Things are looking real real shitty right now...I might move to either Texas or Alaska and work in the oil industry, that is a hard decision to make right now because my whole family lives here and my kids are established in one of the best schools in Michigan. But I see no relief in the auto industry any time soon!

#24 ·
I am still working for now.. not getting 40 hours but close to it. I work for a hydraulic and pneumatic company who has lost 50% of their customer base due to this auto industry funk we are in. I am now the lowest guy in the shop and I have 5 years in...

#28 · (Edited)
still workin here. as long as people keep buying coca cola i should be fine.
there is 4 of us mechanics to 312 pieces of equipment i'm the only mechanic on 2nd 1 on 1st and 2 on 3rd. supose to get new single axil tractors and small bulk trailers in next couple months. getin rid of side load trailers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.