Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Dead jeep in the snow HELP

3K views 45 replies 23 participants last post by  XXXJ 
#1 ·
Just drove through some deep snow and now my jeep will start and run for about 3 seconds then dies. Sometimes it will start to die and then rev up to around 2k and then slowly sputter out again. Please help.

#22 ·
Sounding like a fuel pump relay from the link Dave posted. I'll keep you posted as to what it is.

BTW, I had a buddy tow me home but I just told him to leave it in the alley and I would figure out how to get it into my garage later. I found out that in the 3 seconds it was running I could put it into drive real quick and 4lo would move me about a foot. about 20 feet into the garage up a slight incline while on a 90 degree turn. the first 10 feet went fine over the course of about 3 minutes. The whole time I had my grand cherokee hooked up to it with jumpers because the battery was dead. After the first 10 feet it just wouldn't start again.....plan B. I put a good sized eye bolt into a stud and hooked the winch to it. I wasn't expecting much, but the XJ started to move...then the threads pulled right out of the stud and all hope was gone. Then I saw plan C. Looking from my front bumper through the garage service door, 30' across the yard is a nice little maple tree. I put the winch cable to the tree and it lined up perfectly without touching the door at all. The Jeep is now in the garage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.