Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

K.o.h. 2013

13K views 231 replies 50 participants last post by  Rockstar 
#1 ·
Heading out on the 28th with "Sunfire Offroad" anyone going? Won't be the same with out the Mi. Crew! :rock:

#3 ·
Great! Not setting up a booth this year but will be helping out a team. Should be fun getting a different prospective trying to keep a car going. Heading out early to work out the bugs, qualifies will be the cars first race. hope it holds up! Not sure where on the lakebed camp will be...

#6 ·
Well Shaun, since there are only a handful of people there, I'm sure we will run into you.:sonicjay:
Are you doing any wheeling?
Who are you helping out?

We'll probably be hanging out at the 4418 tent now and then. Gotta make sure Mike does it right.:thumb:

We'll be arriving on the lakebed Sunday. Keep an eye out.

Jim

#7 ·
Pit address will be Rugged Road 104, car number 4492:thumb:
Scott from SunFire Offroad built the car but he won't be driving, haven't met the owner.
Sadly I will be with out a truck again this year :( well a Razor I guess and a chase truck
Dinner in town the night before the race is my only agenda....
Well..... fire pit, back door, chocolate thunder.......:rock:

#8 ·
I don't know Mike's pit address yet. Major agenda is Outer Limits. I didn't get to run Chocolate Thunder last year because it was so crazy out there, even late. Went to back door and someone was broke BAD on it so we missed it too. Did sledge & jack and some other stuff.

I'm not familiar with fire pit??

#12 ·
Rich, the owner of Complete Off Road, will be co-driving with Dusty Sexton in Dusty's early-Bronco Ultra 4 buggy.

#13 ·
I will be getting there sunday afternoon. Im riding with the 4418. plan is to get the shocks tuned monday, qualify tuesday, prerun wednesday,contingincy and race prep thursday and race friday.

there 7 of us showing up sunday and then 6 more coming in Wednesday night.

209 Genright

#16 ·
Mike(alumcj) Roger (roger) Rich(rich smoush) are leaving friday afternoon night on the first. with mikes buggy(4418 PAC racing) and his 4 seat ranger with the enclosed trailer.

Matt and Mikey (you probably haven't me them but they are very nice guys) are planning on leaving the Chicago are sometime on friday the 1st with craigs new buggy in tow, either in my enclosed or just on a open trailer.

Craig and I land in vegas around noon sunday, the plan is to have one of the trucks come pick us up at the airport, probably matt and mikey.

Tentative race day plan is to send mikes tow rig/ chase truck to pit 2/2a with craig, matt and mikey. and maybe one other? Camron, Rich and Roger in the main pit/ mobile parts runners in the 4 seat ranger or craigs car. The girls will be there also either watching the race or making sandwiches or something(I'm just kidding about the sandwich part if they read this).

BFG is also going to be there for pit support, we are hoping they can cover pit 1 for us. We don't need to stop at pit one unless we are broken.

#24 ·
Loaded up and ready to go.:woot: It took about 4 different tries jockeying the rigs around, backing 2 of them on, pulled one tool box off the trailer and had to ratchet strap John's rear suspension down but we finally got it. It only took 2 hours to load 3 rigs on the trailer.:whiz: John showed up with pizza right as we finished.:bdr2:

I left my phone in my truck so I'll post a pic tomorrow.

#29 ·
Well it took a while to get 3 rigs on Jess's trailer. First attempt was since Jess was already loaded up that we would just move him forward and go from there. I got on the trailer but barely.

Not all options are shown but the next big step was to pull the front tool box off and put me in the front since I am slightly narrower and could fit between the gussetts.

That still didn't work so we backed the 2 buggies on.

Success but a tight fit. We had to cinch John's down to get it under Jess's front bumper.

Next we had to fit Jess's cage under my spare tire.

And a closeup of my tires tucked between the front gooseneck gussetts. This also shows why the toolbox had to come off because my push bar would have hit it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.