Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Let's hope John Dee gets this right. 5-12" sun-mon

5K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  whiterhino 
#1 ·
#32 ·
Or, he's really only calling for the possibility of 5-12" of snow across a very limited area, yet he's covering his ass by saying it could be anywhere in the graphic, but likely only in the snowbelt areas, but its a wild card storm so it could be anywhere, and could be up to 12" or could actually be nothing, but might be a trace, but it's still 5-10 days out so it really could be anything and any sort of excuse could be made to change the forecast that might happen but probably wont but you should be prepared for it because its definitely a mild possiblity that we could get anywhere from 0-12" of snow anywhere from indianapolis to copper harbor maybe.

#36 ·
lol. I don't want that money, I was joking. I've had some things going on that have severely limited my available free time, hence why I've not been offroading, or doing much of anything else for the last year. In about 6 months I'll be social again. :sonicjay:

However, here is the TEXT update for whiterhino and bones:

The first part of the weekend looks to be quiet and then a storm is still indicated to track from the Plains into the Midwest. The models all agree that a storm will move from the Plains into the Midwest, but differ strongly on the results it will bring to the Midwest.

One idea calls for a general 1-5” of snow to fall across MO, IA and most of IL, IN and OH- heaviest in the south. The other idea calls for snows of 6-12” to fall across the southern 1/3rd of MN, most of IA, southern 1/3rd of WI and lower MI as well as northern 1/3rd of IL. Right now I continue to think the first idea holds more merit, but am by no means writing off the idea of the big snows to occur in the central Midwest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.