Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

ice run pics

4K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  Sonicjay 
#1 ·
#5 ·
He was at the top setting up to winch Mudqueen , then the jeep said :stan: you stan and took off on its own . Stan was doing some wild stepping and got in to safe the day . Then he had to back up the hill which didnt work so good :sonicjay:

#7 ·
yep

Then late in the day Stan and Sglide took a little side trail that cost them . Stan had to winch up a hill , His only stuck of the day . Sglide took a valve stem off and tire off the bead . Oh ya , he barked a tree coming down too :tonka:

#18 ·
Thanks everyone for being patient with my breakage....Thanks Tom for all your help..We had a good time and enjoyed it all..Strapping and winching makes for an eventfull day..And I never knew snow could be so dangerous in the middle of the woods...

Great recovery by Stan.......it could have been very UGLY....

#33 ·
I decided not to admit defeat in getting stuck because I never got the chance to try going back up the other side of the hill.:stan:

And yes, my right leg is pretty sore from jumping into a moving jeep. Which I would have just let go if my son wasn't sitting in it. That was a very dumb thing for me to let happen.

Another thing this weekend has tought me. I am VERY out of shape. Holy hell was I tired from pulling winch line and trudging through the snow.

My son and I had a great time wheeling with everybody. Hope to do it again soon.:thumb:

Real sorry your weekend went to hell Tim, but glad you didn't get hurt.
When we got to Charlies and drove through the parking lot we went past your van and I gave it a "holy shit look at that". Had no idea it was yours.:(

I am kinda pissed that there aren't more pic's of my jeep KICKING ASS all over the place.:tonka::sonicjay:

I need to rebuild/clean my winch before the Harlan trip, it got one hell of a workout this weekend and is making some pretty ruff noises. The wires are coming loose from the hand controller too.

#35 ·
Another thing this weekend has tought me. I am VERY out of shape. Holy hell was I tired from pulling winch line and trudging through the snow.
Time to hit the Gym.:poke:

Kidding aside Marv and I talked about this also, when we wheel we feel we need to be able to keep up with all the youngen's but we are sore also after a good day of wheeling. who would have thought??? good exercise in wheeling..:tonka:

#36 ·
Age is one big reason I want new seats.:(
Yes Miffy, I do need to get off my ass during the week or my wheeling days will be numbered.

Before SOMEONE adds to this, I should mention I usally wear one of those Therma wrap heating pads around my lower back for winter wheeling trips. It helps ALOT.:sonicjay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.