Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

GL4x4 Motorcycle Club

271K views 2K replies 230 participants last post by  booblinker 
#1 · (Edited)
Show off your motorcycle.

mine: 1982 Honda CM250

Duffman, I know you're itching to post some pics! :)

See less See more
#14 ·
Hopefully since you just made fun of Drew's bike, then yes, whatever you post will probably get made fun of. We can't all be as cool as you.

#16 ·
stunt bike

06 GSX-R 1000 Drag bike project

so far its got a big bore kit, power commander, custom air box, full exhaust, streached 14'', air shifter, and a little shot of nitrous

here's what it looked like before the tear down

and some progress pics

And then the sabertooths that our company builds so i ride them more than either of the other bikes

500 hp ford racing engine on an all custom built bike

#24 ·
this thread is in every forum? news to me...I posted a similar thread like this under quads and bikes and got 2 responses. I thought I'd post it in the pub so it would be seen by people. :thumb:

#20 ·
my bike

Its a frame from a 70 Yamaha R5 with a 420cc side shaft motor and a snowmobile clutch. Thats right no gears just throttle and go! It gets about 60 mpg and will go about 70mph. It gets up to speed very quickly and smoothly. The back end was lowered 2.5inches and the frame itself was stretched 7inches. I love it, its fun to ride and handles well. Whether you guys like it or not is up to you. But i built it so im riding it!

Attachments

#23 ·
Its a frame from a 70 Yamaha R5 with a 420cc side shaft motor and a snowmobile clutch. Thats right no gears just throttle and go! It gets about 60 mpg and will go about 70mph. It gets up to speed very quickly and smoothly. The back end was lowered 2.5inches and the frame itself was stretched 7inches. I love it, its fun to ride and handles well. Whether you guys like it or not is up to you. But i built it so im riding it!
Damn bro I kinda like that. It is different for sure but I likes man. :beerbang:

#33 · (Edited)
Here is mine. 2000 Victory V92SC that I bought new in 2000 and now have 45,000+ miles on. And that is with it being parked for 3.5 years until I could afford to replace the tranny. The old Vics had a problem with the transmissions and Polaris paid half the price of the tranny for me to replace it. When you aren't working it is tough to come up with the $ to fix stuff like that. But it is back on the road now and trouble free.

Power Commander III, D&D pipe and chip. I made the license plate relocation bracket and cut off the tire-hiding plastic POS. Put on a Michelin Pilot Sport 205/50/ZR17 car tire on the back and, no matter what you nay-saying panzies say, it works awesome (I still scrape pegs on both sides when running hard in the twisties). And with 8K+ miles on it it barely looks used whereas I would have had cords showing on my sportbike Dunlop tire. I also made the aluminum sissy bar pad cover insert. I have Kuryakn soft saddlebags for it for trips. Put on some real nice Harley highway pegs...best chrome job I've ever dealt with. When I bought the bike I did some research and found that Kent-Moore made the tools and stuff for Victory and I bought the computer software and connectors for the bike's CPU and have tuned it myself...saving hundreds on TPS calibrations.
Took Mini-Goddess for a ride 3-9-09

2 years ago I rode the bike into early December when I had to ride home in the snow (pictures) and got it out Feb 10th. Last year I put the bike away when I rode home in a snowstorm in mid November and got it out Feb 9th.

Here I am at the Blessing of the bikes in Mio last year.

Bagged up and ready for a trip.

Easy chair rider.

Took a ride up to bio-dad's place near Manistee last year with my fiancee (will be my wife in 2 days...Saturday at 1pm...no, I am not nervous).

#40 ·
Not mine but my dad's. Stock '47 Knucklehead, suicide clutch.
Actually, suicide clutch is the wrong term for a stock shifter on a '47 HD. It is a foot cluth / shifter, but unlike a true suicide clutch, it does not engage if you remove your foot from the peddle. If it is a stock HD, the clutch should stay in any position you place it in when you remove your foot, only fully engaging when you press the peddle completely in that direction.

Beautiful Motorcycle by the way.

#38 ·
What's the deal with that car tire on the Victory? Does that make it a little tougher to lean?