Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

GL4x4 Motorcycle Club

271K views 2K replies 230 participants last post by  booblinker 
#1 · (Edited)
Show off your motorcycle.

mine: 1982 Honda CM250

Duffman, I know you're itching to post some pics! :)

See less See more
#1,085 ·
There is a compromise between sport bikes and cruisers. They are called standards or nakeds, you should check them out before going with one or the other.

#1,103 ·
time for a little facelift. i took it for a ride and noticed a rattle I've never heard before.
found i was missing one of the four acorn nuts that hold the exhaust to the jug and the other one was loose because there were no lock washers. so, i got all new exhaust gaskets, nuts and stainless lock washers and figured while i was wrenching on it i might as well paint like I've been wanting to since i bought it. so, yes, i'm keeping it. it's the best riding bike i've had and so far don't have much into it.
now that i have all of the painted parts off i really like something about it with everything off of it. thinking i may do some chopping this winter but not sure, i may just paint it. we'll see.

#1,113 ·
Fairly well for a 75-80mph forced dismount... broken (pinned) finger on right hand is the only broken bone. Alot of rash on tops of both hands, lost most skin on right knee and did something bad (internally) to left knee. I can't squat or left knee will give out and will end up on the floor.

Nearly 1 month after the accident and it still hurts to stand up from seated position, sit down from standing position, lie down in bed, or get out of bed. Steps are semi-challenging and to kneel on the garage floor is still nearly impossible

We never think we're gonna crash. I'm always looking out for cagers, always aware of my surroundings. I wasn't expecting a deer that morning.
I wish I had been wearing more gear... was wearing office attire and a half-helmet. I'm not quite sure how my face didn't hit the road (only one mark on the helmet and not a scratch on my noggin) but will think twice about wearing a full-faced one in the future. I'm not sure if I can talk myself into wearing chaps but will have protective gear for my body before I ever throw a leg over the saddle again...i was foolish for not wearing the right stuff.

ps...as a cyclist we're sold gloves with ballistic knuckles...i would tell you that ballistic-palmed gloves would be just as (perhaps more) helpful as both of my palms were instinctively the first thing that hit the asphalt trying to break my fall...both palms were bruised ....left one still hurts to put weight on it

#1,116 ·
Dbikers what was the situation with the deer? And I feel some of your pain!!

If you look back several pages I was dismounted at about 55-60 by a deer. I too was on my way to work but had good jacket , gloves , full face, and thankfully my safety toe ( composite ) work boots and other than a quite stiff knee ( is about 90% normal now but still have some positions or movements that get me). A little rug burn from the inside of my jacket aside is all the major injury I had ! I am a very luck guy! And atgatt I don't wear good riding pants but the rest of me is covered pretty well and nothing less than hiking boots over the ankle ( work boots really are not all that great as I know a guy that ground part of an ankle off wearing them when he went down. But are better than exposed). Think of gear like a seatbelt . You wear it for the just in case!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#1,117 · (Edited)
Well, the deer didn't make it. the bike is in 100 pieces, and I'm probably about 65% or so.
torn PCL and torn miniscus is official report. am in rehab for third week and am looking fwd to probably another 5weeks of it. I also have some fracture of the fibia. that they hope will heal with requiring surgery but it still hurts a lot to do anything . it feels like my leg is bruised but there isn't a bruise visable.
I just had final surgery today to remove pins from my hand and will probably start rehab on it next week. I definitely didn't wear atg that day (lesson learned) but resulting injuries were only many areas of road rash. I don't think I could have avoided the mangled finger on my right hand or torn ligaments in my left knee with different gear. things could have definitely been much worse.
I will definitely wear better gear when I.get back on.the road.
am back to work for 2weeks now and going up north to hunt tomorrow night!