Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

any DCX people insiders want to comment on what is parked in auburn hills?

3K views 54 replies 25 participants last post by  BooGTS 
#1 ·
anyways, 2 door commander that appeared to be about a foot shorter then the normal ones.

*edited after reading bones' post

#52 ·
BooGTS said:
What am I complaing about? Those lotus headed 2.2's cracked because those nimrods put steel plugs in an Al head and they were only from 91-93, and never in a lebaron, stratus, or anything else worth putting them in.
They were in the Daytonas as well, looked better than the LeBaron..

As for the PT/GT, I bet thats making 50 hp less than a stock SRT to the wheels, and probably 100hp less than mine did...

#53 ·
Haggar said:
You can't just take a mexican market car and sell it here without a ton of cost. Every market is different. Crash regulations, emissions, lots of little things that sound so simple but cost a ton.

Hell, right now, meeting homologation requirements for the dashboard for Europe is a huge cost adder for us. Europe has a requirement on knob height, edge radiuses and bevels, etc. So if someone hits the dash in an accident, the knob will collaspe before driving through their eye socket. That one simple tiny little thing costs over $100,000 extra cost to the project.

Maybe you have better gas :sonicjay:. Our red Spirit R/T turbo III didn't do that well, either did my 2.5 turbo shadow.

If you are in boost, you are sucking down the gas. If you've done tuning to get more power, perhaps you've leaned it put a bit. If I drive a turbo, I'm on boost all the time.
I love hearing gasser's talk about boost. Cruising along at about 75mph I'm normally pushing 8-10 psi. Full throttle I'm pushing 36-38 psi of boost when it initially winds up. Boost pressure does make a big difference in fuel mileage. Ricers and their 16 psi (at least before they blow it up). :tonka:

#54 ·
Haggar said:
They were in the Daytonas as well, looked better than the LeBaron..

As for the PT/GT, I bet thats making 50 hp less than a stock SRT to the wheels, and probably 100hp less than mine did...
The GT gets its powerplant from the barn where the zoomy Dodge SRT-4 is assembled. For the PT convertible, the 2.4-liter turbo spools up 220 horses (10 fewer than in the donor car)
source: http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroadtests/8010/2005-chrysler-pt-cruiser-gt-convertible.html
what do I win on the bet ;) Like I said, the weight and slushbox has to more than make up for that 10hp.
You can't just take a mexican market car and sell it here without a ton of cost. Every market is different.
Huh? You take everything from the US market Ram and put it into that body stamping. Thats the only thing thats different. Use US frame, engine, emission, dash knobs, whatever. We aren't talking about why Ford can't bring the good European Focus to the states to replace the POS over here. Anyway, who cares, its a dead horse.

#55 ·
84Scrambler said:
I love hearing gasser's talk about boost. Cruising along at about 75mph I'm normally pushing 8-10 psi. Full throttle I'm pushing 36-38 psi of boost when it initially winds up. Boost pressure does make a big difference in fuel mileage. Ricers and their 16 psi (at least before they blow it up). :tonka:
hi...apples to oranges what?:chauncy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.