Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Lasiks?

3K views 35 replies 27 participants last post by  MonkeyBiz 
#1 ·
Has anybody had this procedure done? I went for my consult today. Just now able to read anything. I go in March 23.

#3 ·
Lasik

I had it done a few yrs ago you too bad it isnt dark yet that stuff they put in yours eyes about lets you see in the dark . I had the INTERLACE procedure done to open it up everything went well 20/15 the next day . Halos went away about 3 weeks later best money I ever spent . Worst part is when they put that suction cup aginst your eyeball feels like they are trying to push your eye through the back of your head youll actually have red rings around your eyeball from the broken blood vessels . Lakeshore opthomology did mine .

#5 ·
Did mine 10 years ago when I was 40. Hasn't changed much, only need +1.5 reader glasses for close up stuff.

Results are better when you are under 40, after 40 your eye doesn't have the range of focus hence the reading glasses.

No problems with my procedure, and they've gotten better at it in the last 10 years.

#34 ·
WOW that would be scary.

Had it done 10 years ago in canada. Perfect vision 8 hours later. Had to have it redone 2 years ago but mine came with lifetime touchups if your vision gets bad again. Only problem i had was second time i got a cloudyness under the flap where the eye cells tried to heal the cut but got under flap. Had to go back and get it cleaned up but been perfect ever since.
I had mine done in Canada about 10 years ago also. It slipped a little, but I sure like not needing glasses.

#9 ·
I had it done about 2 years ago. Had the personalized scan of my eye with the custom map. I have had no issues, ran into a minor complication during the procedure but no big deal. Can still see great out of both eyes, but I notice the left one is slightly stronger.

#12 ·
I had mine done about 11 years ago. I started wearing glasses again 2 years ago for distance. At least now I can function without my glasses if needed or wear soft contacts. Before the lasik I couldn't do anything without them and only wear gas permeable hard contacts.

#16 ·
I had mine done in 2007. No issues. Nice and crisp vision. I will spend the $$$ and have them touched up again in 10 years if I need it done. Not having to deal with contacts while camping or in the water is priceless!!!!

#17 ·
I had it done when I was in my mid 40's. I had worn glasses all my life and then I started to need bifocals. I HATED THEM. My surgery did not turn out quite as good as many. I am left eye dominant. My right eye turned out about 20/20. My left eye was closer to 20/25-30. As time has gone on, my left eye has never focused quite as well as I would like. It gets tired easier. I get by with readers in the 2.0 vintage.

All in all, one of the best things I have ever done. Being able to water ski on the slalom course & see the balls is awesome. Snow skiing without my glasses fogging up is awesome. Rolling over and looking at the clock is awesome. Getting up in the morning and looking outside the moment I wake up is awesome.

#27 ·
Had it done 10 years ago in canada. Perfect vision 8 hours later. Had to have it redone 2 years ago but mine came with lifetime touchups if your vision gets bad again. Only problem i had was second time i got a cloudyness under the flap where the eye cells tried to heal the cut but got under flap. Had to go back and get it cleaned up but been perfect ever since.

#29 ·
My best friend had it done once about 15 years ago and then again about 5 years ago. Before he had it done the first time, he basically needed to strap binoculars onto his face to actually see anything. He says that even if his vision deteriorates to the point where he might benefit from it a third time, he would gladly consider it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.