Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

WhiteRhino's Latest Mods

Tags
meballs
317K views 2K replies 189 participants last post by  whiterhino 
#1 ·
Sometime late last summer I was talking to Jim about modding his jeep and it snowballed and somehow I got in the middle of it. before I knew what was going on I agreed to build his jeep over again pretty much. The goal was lots of strength and a nice cushy ride while providing clearance for 40's in the future.

The entire build/arguing/problem solving thread is here: http://www.misfitoffroad.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8991&start=0

it will be completely finished and wheelable in the next couple weeks.
here are a few pictures of the build:

Attachments

See less See more
#234 ·
Only tough thing is I don't have a sway bar setup yet. I drove it last night & got on it hard. It's fast but squirrly.

:thumb:

Looks good, let us know how it throws sand and when your gonna be there.

Also, I would like to know how your gearing vs tire size ride etc... works. :beer:
I already know it throws sand good.:sonicjay: Same engine and same tires as before. Just went from 4.56 to 4.88 gears. So it should be a little quicker.

Don't forget your goggles, soemthing tells me you'll need them. It actually looks pretty good, should give ample clearance for when you jump test hill with the 6.0 and new suspension.
Not planning on jumping.:fish: No bump stops.

The pics here are before I reset the air in the shocks. This shows a little under 4" of exposed rod. I'm shooting for 5".

#237 ·
I'm just worried about losing control on high speed stuff. With low air pressure & the quick steering without a sway bar it gets loose really quick. I stomped on it last night in 2wd on the gravel road with the paddles & by the time it hit second gear it was hard to control.

#240 ·
I think it looks great. Does it still fit in the trailer with those on? I had a really loose or squirrelly Jeep and then on the dunes, it got more stabile. Hopefully the same will happen to you. HAVE FUN!

#252 ·
I thought we figured it out so it was almost a slip fit? that sucks that it doesnt fit.... o'well, not the end of the world....

I'll be up there, I just said I canceled my reservations... I'm not paying 160/night for a hotel room. it is looking like I might be going the second weekend instead of the first.

ohh yeah, you arent a newbie to the dunes but you ARE a newbie to links and air shocks! :poke:

#258 ·
Come for a ride sonny.:finger:

bryce when you going then? you guys going to take the paddles off and go for a ride?
Possible..... Most likely I'll run the Iroks through the week so we can wander around town, etc. Paddles just on the weekend.

Jim

The rig looks sweet :woot:

have fun up there.

last weekend there was a lot of open sand up there to play on:thumb:
Thanks Bob

#256 ·
bryce when you going then? you guys going to take the paddles off and go for a ride?

#271 ·
the guy who built it, had no idea what he was doing.:sonicjay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.