Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Need Some Help

7K views 85 replies 24 participants last post by  bj house 
#1 ·
Hey yall, well I have my 4inch exhaust on its way. Should be at my house on the 11th. I was wondering if anyone would like to come over this weekend on Saturday evening around 6pm to give me a hand putting it on my truck. I have to remove the stock exhaust and install the new 4 inch straight pipe. This is on my 2002 F-250 Powerstroke.

#8 ·
dohhhh, state certified tech says nooooo :tonka:

btw Muddy my shop teacher at WMU claimed that the state would eventually bring back mandartory emissions testing. That was 98 or so he was on some kind of board for the state. What do you think?

#9 ·
Converter, Ok let me tell you again DIESEL ENGINE. The truck never had a converter in the first place. No Emissions on the truck never was never will be. I am starting to think I am glad I know what I am doing. I just need an extra pair of hands and an extra body to pass beer from the fridge.

#11 · (Edited)
My truck did not have a cat on it from the factory.

Your info is incorrect. How ever 2003 1/2 Ford Powerstroke Diesels do have cats. That would be the 6.0L. I do not know when Chevy and Dodge started putting cats on there diesels. I know it is around the same time frame.

The only thing my truck came with was a muffler and that has been off for about 2 years. Now I am upgrading from the stock exhaust size of 3.5inches to 4inch straight pipe.

This is 100% legal.

The exhaust system you show is for trucks that are in cali or states that have emmission requirements on diesels. Fortanuately Michigan does not have those requirements there for no Cat is required.

Also that exhaust system is not very popular by diesel enthuasists. Being he even lists the exhaust for a 6.2L with a single cat. To my knowledge the trucks that had the 6.2L never had a cat either. Catalytic converters were not required on Diesels by Federal Law until 2004. How ever when Ford went to the 6.0L halfway into the 2003 model year. They equiped the trucks with cats.

#12 ·
Agreed I had an 02 F250 and now a 02 Ex I was just pointing out that most Diesels have cats.

Good luck with your swap. My buddy that I sold my F250 to just did that and a chip and the thing is a rocket now.

#15 ·
No muddypaws I am not saying you don't know what your doing. Nor am I saying that no one else does not know what they are doing.

Just that I know for fact that if you bought a 99-02 Ford Powerstroke 7.3L Truck in Michigan you will not find a cat on it unless it is four legged and fury.

But if you bought the same truck in Cali it will have a cat on it. All depends on where the truck orginated from. As some states have laws that require them to have cats and other states do not.

Although now as of 2004 all diesels are emission regulated by the Federal Government and now all new diesel trucks have cats on them from the factory.

#17 ·
Yes there is a part number for them. But every diesel truck I have worked on or came accross in the state of michigan does not have one. They came from the factory with out one.

The exhaust system is sitting at my house right now. I am installing it at my house on saturday I just need some extra hands doing this.

#34 ·
Yall are funny, considering my diesel runs cleaner then yalls gasser. You may not think that from the black smoke it puts out. But lets go do an emmissions test. I bet mine is cleaner then yours. I know it is, and I don't have any emission systems on my truck. Never have didn't come with them.

#40 ·
#36 ·
I didn't remove it, it never had one. But yall think I did, what ever. I see what happens when you ask for some help around here. You get shitted on. That is fine I will just do this myself.

For yalls sake I hope I never come accross you on a trail in need of help. Cause I will just keep driving, that is unless it is a life or death situation then I will have to help your sorry ass.

#39 ·
damn, can't believe you guys fucking with a newbie like that.

as I remember, diesels have never had catalitic converters. maybe they have cats, but not on the exhuast.

I'm stating that he's a newbie due to the amount of post, but then again if your gonna get beat up like that I would go somewhere else also.

#51 ·
as I remember, diesels have never had catalitic converters. maybe they have cats, but not on the exhuast.
:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

Where the hell else are you going to put a cat? On the fuel system?? I'd put one the tires.

Or on the roof.

p.s. my cummins didn't come with one from the factory :bdr2: :bdr2: :bdr2:

#47 ·
Dang, ya'll need to stop messsin wit dis guy. He is jus a good ole' boy frm teh cuntri who dusn't no wut a cadillac convurtor look lik! If he new wut 1 luk lik he wud no that he has had thum all along. And leef TJ alown 2, he is wey smrter than ya'll!

#48 ·
so if i get a melanoma from a sunburn, its bigcountry's fault? what a douchebag. who would intentionally ruin the future of our children.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.