Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

What part of I don't care does my wife not understand?

2K views 43 replies 27 participants last post by  kerryann 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm tired, have a headache and am hungry, all I want is dinner by 6 so I told my wife at 2 I would like dinner at 6 she asked then what do I want I said whatever we have, I don't care. Now it's 5:30, we aren't going to be having dinner by 6 I just asked her again to please start making dinner and again she's like, "well what do you want" "I DON'T FUCKING CARE!!!" This is a serious statement when made by a man, but, when women say I don't care, really they know exactly what they want and in truth it means "you better know exactly what I want but I'm not going to tell you". We mean I dont care, don't you get it?

I JUST WANT SOME FUCKING FOOD!!!

End rant

Edit: normally I would solve this problem myself but this all started by her asking what I wanted for dinner.

#8 ·
weekend is my time to cook Wife does weekdays most of the time and weekends are mine Most of the time!

Oh we had chesse burgers on the grill,:rock: salad, beens, corn kids have to have their corn:poke:

#17 ·
May i suggest you take her in the bedroom remove clothing and stab her with the man stick repeatedly until she either understands or you have an orgasm . At that point either you got your message across or you dont give a shit about it .

You will feel better either way .

#20 ·
Go talk to a lawyer on Monday...................You will find out how much you love her. When she asks what you would like for dinner just tell her that everything she makes is so good that you will be happy with anything she makes. At this time of the month you have to bring out your best bullshitting skills. The older you get the more you will find your wasting your time arguing. So because your young the next thing will be the hot make up sex. Over and over, same cycle. Older guys have a well balanced program of lieing for harmony. I like the grandmans idea too:sonicjay: .

#23 ·
I ask her the same thing. She sleeps in, reads, plays video games. She is baby sitting more regularly now and may start 5 days a week for the main woman she works for. At least she will be pulling some extra jack. But when shes home nothing gets done unless it involves my son, shes takes good care of him, thats a good thing i suppose but it just makes me thing that I was nothing more than a sperm donor.

#30 ·
I think if you are hungry enough, you will find something to eat. Relationships take two, if you would've told her what you wanted maybe she would've made it. Instead you had to be a hard headed asshole and now shes pissed off, so now you get nothing at all.

Men live alone all the time.. don't hear of to many american single males starving to death....

#34 ·
And letting my wife loaf around all day and mooch off of me for the rest of my life would be what; an open minded view of husband, wife roles in the new millenium? If my wife gets a job I would be more than happy to take half of the responsibility for chores and the such but as it stands that is not the case and I will stick to my current tasking which is my bathroom, the lawn, the garage, and the garbage.

#37 ·
And letting my wife loaf around all day and mooch off of me for the rest of my life would be what; an open minded view of husband, wife roles in the new millenium? If my wife gets a job I would be more than happy to take half of the responsibility for chores and the such but as it stands that is not the case and I will stick to my current tasking which is my bathroom, the lawn, the garage, and the garbage.
Think about what you're saying and how you're saying it:
"loaf around all day"
"mooch off me the rest of my life"

She's not currently working outside the home - and your choice of words tells me you're not happy with that.

You've got young children - which makes her working a job difficult - especially with (1) MI's current economic / employment situation and (2) the availability of quality child care in your area, and (3) her ability to secure a job that pays more than child care costs.

I strongly recommend you talk it over with her, and be very clear about what each of you view as your roles - and come to high agreement.

Take this or leave it - I'm speaking as someone who has been married over 21 years and used to help coasties like yourself navigate their professional and personal careers.

#40 ·
You've got young children - which makes her working a job difficult - especially with (1) MI's current economic / employment situation and (2) the availability of quality child care in your area, and (3) her ability to secure a job that pays more than child care costs.

A friend of mine and his wife both work and have good jobs but her whole paycheck and then some go towards paying daycare fees its redickulus(spelling???) but come tax time thats when they benifit cause in canada you can write off all your child care

#39 ·
I can remember getting into stupid arguments like this whwn I was married.

No such problems now. I don't have to worry about what someones cooking me for dinner, because no one is.:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.