Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

fat guy no more!

112K views 973 replies 130 participants last post by  Shotgun 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I got on the scale lastnight and WOW I'm super fat :( (318.6lbs).so today is the day I start doing something about it! Im only going to drink water(also some beer):teehee: watching what I eat and doing some biking to start.
I will be happy if I can get down to 220-240 range !
Week 1-312.2lbs=-6.4
week 2-302.8lbs=-9.4
week 3-300.1lbs=-2.7
week4-298.0lbs=-2.1
Week5-295.2lbs=-2.8
Week6-293.8lbs=-1.4
Week12?-284.0lbs

#573 ·
Well, it wasn't meant to be nice. Or a direct insult to anyone.

IN a much nicer way however your post illustrates nearly my exact point. You've stated you are somewhere near 40lbs over weight. So for 20 years you've been allowing yourself to overeat, not exercise as much as you should have been, and ignoring your own health.

All too many times you hear overweight people simply make excuses as to why they are that way. They are that way because they allow themselves to be.

#577 ·
Chad may be a dick but you always know where he stands and I like that in a person. It's just now and then that I want to wring his neck. :sonicjay:

I don't know yet about Saturday. Haven't broached the subject with the wife. Maybe if I told her the guys want me to come to celebrate "MY" birthday I would have better luck. :d:

#598 ·
This was a good read, last year when my daughter was born I was a fat assed 285 lbs. I cut out fast food started packing a healthy lunch everyday, and really concentrated on eating more veggies and lean protiens. I am now a whopping 197lbs and have yet to actually work out. Healthy eating is the key.

#600 ·
All this weight loss has me inspired. I'm about 250 lbs right now and would like to get under 200 for my wedding in July. I threw out all the junk in the fridge last weekend, cut out soda, and am eating right. Excercise is what I need to focus on though. For those of you that have done it is P90X a viable alternative to the gym?

#602 ·
How are the rest of you doing?

I am down 180# since last December now.

Gone from Size 3XL and 4XL + 56" waist to M and Slim fit Large, and 36" pants.

Now i'm really just trying to tone and build muscle in places to push the rest of the fat out of hiding. I still have a spare tire (albeit more of a mostly deflated tube) around my middle that I think i can make go away.

#611 ·
Suppose I can check in here. I do a lot of cycling in the summer but have always ate terribly, and have hovered between 210-225 for 4-5 years. At one point I was pretty thin around 190 lbs. with a good amount of muscle. I'm 5'11" with a wide frame.

I did the C25k running program in the fall and didn't lose any weight but was in much better shape from all the running. Great program. But when I finished I got busy and it got cold so I stopped exercising all together (bad move).

As of thanksgiving I weighed 228 lbs.

Two days ago I weighed in at 215 lbs. I've changed my diet drastically in the last 3 weeks. no fast food or pop. I keep grocerys at work for lunch, and limit my calories to around 1700-1800 per day. Not the best diet but I eat mostly sandwiches, salads, fruit, yogurt, and rice. I exercise about 3 times a week, either a 2 mile run or a 10 ish mile bike ride (coooold). Sometimes I hit the gym for strength training but not too often. Usually just 30-40 push-ups and 20-30 sit-ups at home and I'm done

Goal weight is around 190, hoping for that before summer. Not struggling to maintain this diet and exercise schedule right now so I think its attainable. I don't miss the fast food at all.

#612 ·
Two days ago I weighed in at 215 lbs. I've changed my diet drastically in the last 3 weeks. no fast food or pop. I keep grocerys at work for lunch, and limit my calories to around 1700-1800 per day. Not the best diet but I eat mostly sandwiches, salads, fruit, yogurt, and rice. I exercise about 3 times a week, either a 2 mile run or a 10 ish mile bike ride (coooold). Sometimes I hit the gym for strength training but not too often. Usually just 30-40 push-ups and 20-30 sit-ups at home and I'm done
Goal weight of 190 + zero exercise for a 35 yr old male is 1950 calories. You aren't eating enough. You're slowing down your own results.

Also between the sandwiches, salads, fruits, yogurt and rice I don't see any significant source of protein, nor do I see a good source of complex carbs.

Eat more protein, eat more veggies.

Keep up the hard work. :thumb:

#618 ·
Try the free app, My Fitness Pal.

You can search foods, scan food bar codes and it already knows the nutritional information of most foods already. Plug in your current body weight and height, your goal and if you want to lose 1 or 2 lbs per week, it calculates your caloric intake based on the exercise level you specify.

I've only been using it about a week and it's a real eye-opener as far as what you are consuming. At the end of the day, it even gives you a breakdown of your nutrition for the day.

It's pretty good, check it out.

Signed,

Wide body getting thinner.

#624 ·
Weighed in at 203 yesterday, down from 210 on Jan. 26th and 228 on thanksgiving. Results are slowing as I get thinner, but I'm excited to get below 200, I haven't been for over 5 years. My diet change has become a habit, and I don't crave junk food or fast food anymore. However, sometimes I want anything but the usual food at home so I'll go get sushi, not bad for you and tastes great.

#629 ·
I'm down 10 from last wednesday. (311# in work wardrobe, note 6# shoes :sonicjay:)

I hope to break the 300# mark no shoes by monday... and maybe the 300# mark with shoes on that wednesday... maybe the end of the week. I expect it to start to plateau after that. Now to see if my wife's rewards for weight lost are still valid :naughty:

work competitions motivate me more. They started one, 6 week challenge, but I am carrying my team thus far. group total of 13 pounds lost with me being 10 of those :teehee:

#631 ·
Well, I decided to give a go at this not being fat shit. im at 260 now, no real goal, basically just get to the point where being active(hunting, disc golfing etc) isn't a chore. I bought a treadmill today, hope I have the willpower to use it daily.

#635 ·
I just read through this entire thread, and it is damn inspiring, and makes me realize getting back under 180 isn't all that crazy. I am double my High school weight, and the same height so 180 should be attainable since i was 130 at the same height.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.