Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Alltech Shock tuning at the Badlands 6/28

6K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  1TFROT 
#1 ·
I'm copying this from pirate for those that might be interested.

Wayne from All-tech will be back at the Badlands doing shock tuning in June around the Ultra4 race. He has set aside a day for non-racers. For those that don't know, Wayne has been doing shock tuning for many top Ultra4 teams. In the past year he has become the official Fox tuning guy, but still does other brands on the side.

We are definitely not a top U4 team, but we spent last Friday at the Badlands with Wayne and PAC springs tuning Neither Skinny Nor Pretty after putting some new shocks on the back end. We gained quite a bit of speed running through the whooped out section he uses for tuning. It wasn't our first time working with him, and we have made great strides at each tuning session.

So what is a tuning session like? What do you need?

You should show up with your rig ready to go. Have tire pressures where you would normally run them, make sure the rig has been nut and bolted and no other issues. No need to spend your tuning time working on other issues not associated with shock tuning.

You will need whatever tools you need to remove and replace your shocks. The quicker and easier you can do this, the easier your day will go.

You'll run through his tuning pass as quick as you can. Wayne will watch and take notes on how the shocks are doing. He’ll send you back to camp to pull your shocks and bring to his trailer. He knocks them down, changes the valving, and you reinstall. For most tuning sessions, repeat until you run out of time or energy.

You should talk with Wayne before you go to make sure his trail tuning session follows what we have done with him in the past.

If you are an East Coast guy and have wanted Wayne work his magic on your rig, here is your chance.

We will be at the Badlands for the Ultra4 event.
June 25 - Open
June 26 - Fox Day
June 27 - Race Day
June 28 - We have this penciled in as a day for the trail riders

We will be in the Ahland, Va area September 25-27th. Rob Matzell and his Co-driver Tup have found some property for us to use.

If you are interested in getting signed up.

Email tuning@alltechmotorsports.com and indicate what day are you interested in.

Include in the email
- a brief description of your vehicle
- intended use (race, trail, street, mall, etc)
- brand of shocks you are on
- contact information (name and phone number)
- desired date

Alltech Motorsports
Innovative Race-Car Solutions

www.alltechmotorsports.com

Sales - sales@alltechmotorsports.com
Tuning - tuning@alltechmotorsport.com
I am not affiliated in any way with Alltech. Wayne is what I would call a race friend. We see him at many races and he's tuned our car a couple of times and provided advice on many other occasions. He's an official vendor for PAC, who is one of our sponsors.

See less See more
#8 ·
I was just down there last Thurs with @jbeemer helping him tune the shocks on his scrambler. It was our first time meeting Wayne and the PAC springs guys and I can't say enough good things about them. They were absolutely wonderful to work with and the changes made significant difference in the ride and driveability of his rig. We figured he gained at least 20mph just from the shock tuning changes. I would definitely recommend these guys to anyone!

#25 ·
Lots of great info in that link. Much of it is over my head but still a great read. I know my front coilovers are no where near "right" in regards to spring rate, valving, ect. I also know it would be pretty pointless to pay for a tuning session considering my craptastic rear leaf springs are the limiting factor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.