Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Ranger

10K views 89 replies 21 participants last post by  robbietap 
#1 ·
New build, got a couple days into a Ranger cab-Crawler to be. Last buggy went down the road, so on to the next one.democrats:bdr2:republicans

Attachments

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Thanks, I have pre-runner fenders and bedsides commin from Poly, I'll tube the front end run some fox 2.5 on all corners, d60's and 40's. At least thats the plan for now, always depends on what does or doesn't land in ur lap. I'd like to fit that rubber under it with out it looking any bigger than a small lifted Ranger. I have a 435/4:1-300 in the making, still deciding on a power plant... 5.3, 6.0, or 8.1.

#9 ·
I'm leaning towards an 8.1, I ran a 04' 5.3 in my last tube buggy and loved it, also ran a 4.0 I6 in a TJ and enjoyed the low lug. Not trying to start a debate here, but it's nice to have some HP on tap when you want to wake the neighbors:naughty:. Got the cab back on the chassis and finishing up the rear mnts. for the cab, not welded on yet-damn city ordinance-will be finished tomorrow and will start on the nose-FUN STUFF! Blurry pics suck!:beerbang:

Attachments

#14 ·
Picked up a Chevy 60/14 Bolt combo, got a cylinder for the 60 from PSC. Still waiting on Poly for my bed sides and fenders, starting to get old-almost been an month. Gonna need them to locate axles... Made some progress in the cab, welded inserts into the bottom of my tubing on the pillar and bolt directly through the rear body mnts.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.