Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Truck/ICE PICTURES!!!!!!.

9K views 155 replies 59 participants last post by  guest 
#1 · (Edited)
So yea last night we were testing the ice on crescent lake with my new truck with about five other buddies. Well we were driving on the shore and decided to go on the ice a little, about two feet in. Then the ice broke and I was like no big deal it was only like two feet of water. But when I went to go back up the rest of the ice gave way and my truck slid deeeeeeeper. So i tried to bac up and was STUCK. So we all climb out of the back sliding window. When we got out we realized the fron of the truck was almost under water. Crazy stuffffff.lol. So I jump back into the truck. Only to realize I had about three inchs of water in the truck and there was more coming in. Then Aaron and Fred(auto shop buddies) show up and pull me out. Thank god they were there.lol. When we pulled the truck out there was about five inchs of water in it. O well, shit happends. I'll get pictures and videos up soon.
Yea I know im a idiot.
A.J. Hall.

See less See more
#6 ·
Please tell me why you thought it would be a good idea to try the ice after it was raining and was 40 degrees out.

#9 ·
Well all I was really going to do was shine the brights on it to see if it was frozen to the middle. Yea it was 40 and rainy all day. but the ice was still thick(three inchs or maybe a little less were i was. And it was only like two feet of water under me but when I put it in reverse and tried to back out all the ice shifted and made me slide deeper. The cops most likely would not of done a thing except laugh at me. My truck does not leak anything at all. Also the motor wasnt under at all. So I dont know if they could of wrote me up or anything.maybe though. I will be posting some pics. Its not even bad enough to get in trouble for. But it was dark and Ic ant get the pictures for a couple days. But I WILL get them.

#12 ·
Your overall lack of anything resembling intelligence amazes me , yet completely bores me. Perhaps because you don't seem to learn from being stupid.
:sonicjay: Dude, I was over two feet of water. It shifted.It was a very windy night. Call me dumb. I dont care. It was fun and no one got in trouble. Scary as hell though.

#13 ·
I beleive its only illegal to drop in and leave it in the lake. I think the fact he got it out and made it quick makes it a good move on his part. I have towed them out days later and the fines are nuts after 24 hours. I got one where we had to chainsaw out the front of a ramcharger with plow on. I handed the owner a hook and told him to find somthing solid to pull from. it wasn't pretty.

#19 ·
Yea someone was telling me too that it goes form two feet to about 8 feet right away. This was a boat launch but the sand kind. It wasnt paved.
I guess if you want to judge stupid acts on ice I should chime in again. I have been out on the lake with sleds many times when the ice was bad. I remember one night in perticular when I hit the boat launch on Whitmore and the sled kida bogged as I hit the throttle. I looked back to see a open water cut where I had just came in. I stayed on the gas out the middle where the good ice was. I hit it like going up a ramp. turned back and had a slice 1/4 mile long. yea A.J. isn't the only one who's been young and dumb. the worst part was getting enough nerve to go back...I'm still here ain't I?

Hahahaha yea it would for sure take some balls to go back.

#17 ·
I guess if you want to judge stupid acts on ice I should chime in again. I have been out on the lake with sleds many times when the ice was bad. I remember one night in perticular when I hit the boat launch on Whitmore and the sled kida bogged as I hit the throttle. I looked back to see a open water cut where I had just came in. I stayed on the gas out the middle where the good ice was. I hit it like going up a ramp. turned back and had a slice 1/4 mile long. yea A.J. isn't the only one who's been young and dumb. the worst part was getting enough nerve to go back...I'm still here ain't I?

#43 ·
Wow, so once again, you do something strictly for the attention. By all means, post up photos of you being stupid, perhaps not illegal, but not the best face we want to put out as the 4 wheeling community. But then, you need the attention, so go for it.

#45 ·
your a idiot. This truck Is not a four wheeling truck. I dindt do it for attention. I did it to shine the lights to see if it was frozen all the way a cross. hahaha I need the attention. Really? So why do you all you fat wanna be hard ass's put loud ass exhaust on your bikes(i like them though) and ride around like you own the road? If you dont like this thread Get the Fuc k out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.