Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Red Wing's 2013 thread

Tags
meballs
33K views 477 replies 39 participants last post by  dreezy 
#1 ·
Look like crap broken up. the 2nd line playing as first doens't seem too hot.

Curious how they'll get and stay under cap.

Rankings seem to be pretty good among analysts. Top 10 almost all rankings, top 5 on a bunch.

They aren't looking too hot tonight though :(

#6 ·
yup pretty much, just wanted to start a thread for the season.

I'm excited to see the lineup for the regular season.

I'm hoping they keep Bert. I know he has a no trade clause. It'll hopefully be nice to see helm back on the ice. sucks about nyquist, most likely being pushed down to the griffins (I can see him easier though in GR :beerbang:).

I'm aslo very excited to see the AHL guys, they have a lot of talent. I hope they develop well :chauncy:

#7 ·
You can not post that picture without me asking....how many playoff appearences in the last 30 years for the hawks? How many years of not being able to watch the hawks on the tv? How many cups do the hawks have? Which former red wing coach finally turned around your shitty team?

:finger:

#16 ·
Yeah, thats why hes up there in one of the top picks for the US Olympic team.

He was top 5 goal scorers last year and played a big role in front of the crease.

Same could be said for Franzen, with second most goals last year (albeit near the end of the season mostly) He had more shots on goal than Datsyuk, and only one less hit the back of the net than him.

Shit talkers :blah:

#25 ·
going to 21 games in 88 probably sucked. I used to listen to all the games once my parents had put me to bed on my super sweet tape deck with headphones on :teehee:

Last night they looked a little sloppy but they looked solid. Eastern conference hockey just seems to look different than western conference hockey. Either way it was nice to see them back on the ice.

Wow, what a streak to break, a whopping 4 years :teehee:

#26 ·
Actually it was great. I worked for a company that had an executive suite. Probably half the games it was just the owner and me in a suite that had 12 seats. Bathroom, fridge and phone (before cell phone days). The company had 2 cards to the Olympia room and I carried one. I could sign for food and beer on the company account.

Probably the best thing about it was that I learned alot about business at those games. I was a young up and comer and he took me under his wing. There were many discussions about how to deal with business situations, customers, etc. To this day, I have a huge amount of respect and gratitude to him.

#27 ·
I was kinda kidding :teehee:

My dad had access to a suite back in those days too, we used to get to go down and watch the wings lose and see lots of concerts and stuff, was pretty cool.

I wish the wings would build a new arena in Auburn Hills so I didn't have to drive all the way to detroit to watch them play.

#29 ·
I think I've only paid for one game, and I think I've been to about 15-20 over the past four years. Fiancee's dad gets free tickets for games every year. He gets suite tickets to the palace, but I go there to eat and watch the dancers for the piston games.

Nice to get to center ice lower portion of upper bowl. I've been up in the corner for a playoff game, and some "special" people almost ruined it for me. (The first one we lost to Chicago this previous spring)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.