Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Windrock TN (Coal Creek)

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  XJay 
#1 ·
A group of us from the Windsor area will be heading down to Windrock TN from June 27th till July 4th or later. Was wondering if anyone who has been could give some feedback on the place. Obviously it is a long drive and want to make sure it's worth the effort.
Also, if anyone wants to join they are more than welcome. We will have a group of 6 or so jeeps going with tire sizes from 35 to 47".
Thx, Jay.

#2 ·
Very cool place, but its not easy to find the best spots. Do some research before hand and try find a map to the good spots.

We went there a couple years ago, and most of the first day was spent running up and down two-tracks trying to find the good wheeling areas. After that, we had a few days of great wheeling.

And you could try PM-ing Whiterhino - he has been there and can give a little direction.

#4 ·
So far, Coal Creek is my favorite park. I think it's called trail 16, but it is the best trail I have run. It has rocks, hills, stream crossings, and shale pits. There are also a few caves to check out and nice scenery. Plan on spending a few hours on it. A jeep in our group lost his front dshaft in the middle and then his winch burned up. It was a fun(not) couple hours with me driving up 200', turning around and winching him up behind me in quite a few spots.

#7 ·
The Swamp Stompers are going to be there June 21-23.
Get a map. Theirs is pretty good.
Like waht was said.
Rattle rock and rail bed are good ones to run.

#10 ·
Lots of good trails. Was there end of April. Other than trails already mentioned. Take trail 12 from trail 9. First part easy will cross river about 47 times just challenging enough to keep or interesting but not break. At the end it will be a challenging climb out. Trail will take all day. By the way while at trail 9 take the harder part back up. Stickes work best.

Sent from here !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.