Stock...bought Jan 2005:

My 88 XJ wheels because they had tires with tread:

During lift:

3" and 31's June 2005:

6.5" and 33's July 2006:

October 2006:

Getting ready to bolt in my new 8.8:

September 17, 2007

Upgraded to Rusty's 8.5" coils and 6.5" leafs along with my 2" shackles. Got some next to new 35" BFG M/T's. Also installed JCR 1-ton steering. Upgraded the body mount for the track bar so that it is a bushing instead of ball joint end. Cleaned up the axle and my long arms and painted everything. Will need some touch up on the front end and the rear still has to be done. I ran out of time before the run to the Mounds on 9-16-07.

Anyways, here are a few pics.

A couple pics from the Mounds run the same day.

See less See more
#110 ·
Took the XJ out for the first run about a month ago and ran well until breaking the upper link, which then caused some issues and other breakage trying to get it on the trailer. :(

Working on making a winch bumper tomorrow for the new Smittybilt XCR10 winch I bought. Will take some pics of progress on the bumper and post tomorrow night.

#114 ·
:poke:

:sonicjay:

Why is the strap around the steering?

Jeep "looked" good :teehee:
By breaking the only upper link the XJ wanted to drive over the axle pretty much and that is why the axle was tilted so far forward. So strapping to the steering and keeping the strap tight didn't allow it to go further under...as it had already broke the 1 or 2 ratchet straps we were using to hold it in place. :teehee:

And thanks. :sonicjay:

#124 ·
Finished up the bumper. Just need to get more bolts for the JCR tie ins. Winch is bolted on and wired up. He still needs to get some wire protectors for the winch wires. Also he only ordered one D-ring tab from JCR :fish: so the other side will get welded on, on wednesday before the Turkey day mounds trip.

Now that the bumper is done. Should be starting on the Tcase skid tomorrow.

#130 ·
Well, finished the bumper completely before Thanksgiving and then took it out to the Mounds on Thanksgiving. Didn't get any good pictures because my girlfriend decided it was too cold for her to take any I think. :teehee:

If anyone likes the bumper, PM RDK_YJ88 as I'm sure he would be interested in making more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.