24K views 138 replies 34 participants last post by  Marcy 
#1 · (Edited)
#43 ·
You and me both. I love sammies.
The Opel is on dailyturismo.com now.
Awesome thanks!
Agree! Tab is awesome.
Lets not get carried away. :sonicjay:
If you need help let me know as well, I have a pretty flexible schedule.

I was also looking at the FS ad for this and wishing I could do something, I wish I could swing the Opel Wagon, it would actually come home (I bought the house from the original owner)
Will do, as of now its going pretty well. Thanks all that have been offering though. :thumb:

#44 ·
Well I'm a few hours into it so far and it's going well.

I got the spud shaft shortened and reassembled with the rest of the intermediate stuff. Diff fluids drained, and by diff fluids I mean water. :sonicjay: And I got the exhaust fixed, that just needed a couple of hangers put in. The battery is done for but nvrenuf has an old one with some life still in it I can have. One tire needs to be broken down enough to clean out the bead so it will hold air. I need to add tranny fluid and check/add/change all the other fluids too before I try and fire this beast up.

I need to mention again that I cannot believe how clean this thing is (rust wise) for a Zuki. There is zero rust anywhere on it or under it. A few small dents and dings from wheeling but that's it. Have I mentioned I wish I could buy it? :sonicjay:

#45 ·
Well I'm a few hours into it so far and it's going well.

I got the spud shaft shortened and reassembled with the rest of the intermediate stuff. Diff fluids drained, and by diff fluids I mean water. :sonicjay: And I got the exhaust fixed, that just needed a couple of hangers put in. The battery is done for but nvrenuf has an old one with some life still in it I can have. One tire needs to be broken down enough to clean out the bead so it will hold air. I need to add tranny fluid and check/add/change all the other fluids too before I try and fire this beast up.

I need to mention again that I cannot believe how clean this thing is (rust wise) for a Zuki. There is zero rust anywhere on it or under it. A few small dents and dings from wheeling but that's it. Have I mentioned I wish I could buy it? :sonicjay:
You can... It happens to be for sale, and already in your garage :teehee::teehee:

I promise your wife is more forgiving than mine. :teehee:

#49 · (Edited)
NEVERMIND FOR NOW. AMOUNT COVERED. THANKS

For those of you that have either PM'ed me or offered support here, I have purchased fluids and filters today to the tune of $71. I can post the receipt if accounting is needed. If those of you that offered would still like to contribute you can send a donation to my PayPal. truenorthdesigns@sbcglobal.net I will update this thread if/when the total is met. If you are unable to donate then I'm fine with that too, this was my idea after all. Let me be clear, I AM NOT LOOKING TO MAKE ANY MONEY ON THIS. As generous as some of you are, I don't need hundreds of dollars towards this. Thanks

#55 · (Edited)
Ok so everyone who has been asking how they can help, well here it is. The fuel tank, pump, sending unit, ect, is a rusted mess. The pump doesn't work and is completely rusted up. The gas looked like rootbeer that was in it and the tank is a rusted, sludge bucket. Here is what I need. A stock tank and fuel pump for a 91-94 samurai. New is available but they would be about $400. If you have any zuki connections please put out the vibe for some spare parts. Thanks

@whiterhino @Elusive @kickstand @vr @JohnnyJ @trailrail302 @capone @cj65 @zookiemike @chevotass @Strangler @bigbchevy @Alex456123 @Ironman Offroad @xj4life @samirick @kkodet @bear jocham

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.