Votes: 70 24.0%
  • not yet

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • no

Votes: 183 62.7%

Who still has a job?........for now.

6K views 97 replies 83 participants last post by  GLS 
#1 ·
Curious how many are laid off from this board alone.

#29 ·
I graduated in December and I've been on several interviews and no go. Been applying everywhere lately even for jobs that don't require a degree, and internships cause I never had one of those while in school. my biggest problem is I'm trying to relocate to a specific area which is Ann Arbor, really limits the job ops. If I don't have anything by August September I'll probably be going back to school until we get out of this economic funk that we are in.

#50 ·
Our office budget is set until October 2010 and no lay-offs until then. But I work for the county and if the local economy does not turn around before then and we have no property tax $$$$, lay-offs could be pretty severe.

As it is right now, things are very slow in the office but we have had a hiring freeze for about two years and have not added any full-time folks to replace those who have retired or moved on so we are already cut to the bone.

#52 ·
They closed my department 3 weeks ago. Out of four guys in the department I'm the only one left. I was told that if I can find a job outside of our company to take it because there is only one to seven months of work for me.
I'm in New York working in a project now and I've been here for almost two weeks. By coming here I just added two weeks to my employment.

The last time the door shut on me I stood in the hallway for 18 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.