Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Michigan Must See

8K views 81 replies 35 participants last post by  89Laredo 
#1 ·
What would gl4x4 deem the most scenic towns/places in the mitten.

I had a long semester and I've been working my ass off (this last week in particular) so this weekend I feel like hitting the road and checking out some new places. Maybe stopping to camp/hike somewhere

Any suggestions?

Preferably nowhere ill get murdered as I'm probably going solo

#28 ·
M119 Tunnel Of Trees out of Harbor Springs.
Anywhere around the Sleeping bear Dunes, they were voted most scenic areas in the USA.

Goodheart General Store at the end of the tunnel of trees has the worlds best pot pies, then continue to the Legs Inn for an awesome view and dining experience. Always follow the food shows when taking a road trip, they know where the good eats are.

M22 is full of win if you have time to hit the Pierce Stocking Scenic drive and Glen Arbor. A stop at the Platte river and the National Park Campground is always a perfect stop.

www.utrmichigan.com

wcmu.org/tv/DestinationMichigan.html

#39 ·
M119 Tunnel Of Trees out of Harbor Springs.
Anywhere around the Sleeping bear Dunes, they were voted most scenic areas in the USA.

Goodheart General Store at the end of the tunnel of trees has the worlds best pot pies, then continue to the Legs Inn for an awesome view and dining experience. Always follow the food shows when taking a road trip, they know where the good eats are.

M22 is full of win if you have time to hit the Pierce Stocking Scenic drive and Glen Arbor. A stop at the Platte river and the National Park Campground is always a perfect stop.

www.utrmichigan.com

wcmu.org/tv/DestinationMichigan.html

I dated a girl whose family owned a log cabin on the lake just down from the store in Goodheart, just past the old Indian church. Great area.

#32 ·
how far do you want to drive?

Silver Lake will be packed, but if you have never been it's an awesome site,
Sleeping Bear Dunes if you want to avoid the vehicles, going up the west coast I like better then the East coast,

Torch Lake was put in some travel book/mag as the most beautiful lake in the world or something like that,

Traverse City is nice

Mackinac Island is pretty cool if you've never been, and no car on the Island, so lots of hiking or biking

Lots of great places in the UP, like waterfalls,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.