Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

WTB: AC bracket brace for early chevy serp belt

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Rx7Kevin 
#1 ·
I am looking for the small tube AC bracket brace for early chevy serp belt setup, the shitty stampted steel kind. Or even the tensioner bracket brace.

#7 ·
If I had a welder and knew how to weld, I would. Realistically I need to make one because going from the 1piece rear main block to 2 piece rear main block it lacks a threaded hole on the passenger side cylinder head for the bracket to physically bolt to so I should come up with some sort of brace that utilizes that point.

Because right now without that bolted there, there is enough flex for it to half slip the belt: It hasn't come off... yet but every now and again it does this:

This is the bolt issue:

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/hrdp_1303_1950_chevy_panel_truck_shreds_drivebelts/photo_17.html

but again, no scrap metal laying around (beside a few incorrect braces for the aluminum brackets) and no way to weld :(

I have them how close are you to harrison if you want to drive up you can have them
I'm at 696 and 75. Do you work elsewhere maybe I can meet up with you by there if its closer, otherwise it shouldn't be too far of a drive. PM me your cell phone number.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.