Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

12v cummins?

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Jeep ZJ 
#1 ·
Looking at picking up a 94 12v cummins tomr. Body's rough. Dents, scratches, rust. Small vib a 60mph. Head liners Saginaw around the edges. Runs great.

What is something like this worth? Looking for some good solid info.

Thanks GL4x4 :thumb:

#13 ·
I agree with all statements.

The headlight switch trends to fry as well. Valve cover gaskets tend to leak, but $20 on some nice blue felpro will get you going again. The injectors may or may not be on their way out... mine are leaky at 155k.

The overflow is likely worn out too if you notice "lower than expected" power.

More fodder for haggling.

Edit: the oe headlights are crap more than likely. They seem to take on water very easily.

#18 ·
thanks keith. you seamed like you have enough legit knowledge about them, enoguh for me to turn it down. interior was pretty bad, decent amount of dents and scratches, inside the bed was dented up pretty bad, looks like the front of the motor was alitte wet and had a leak at what looked like the rear main seal. thanks for all the help guys. :thumb:

#20 ·
The front main seal can also leak like a mofo, and just needs a "repair kit". (speedy sleeve and seal.) Unless it has some major issues, and based on what you've stated about it, I'd put it's value at 3k+. 12V's values are coming back up nowdays, and cheap ones are tough to find. Being a 94 and an auto hurts that trucks value, but still probably a fair buy at 2500-3500, IMO. I'd plan on putting some money into it either way. Just do the standard upgrades that fix the few issues these trucks have. Headlight relays, replace the seats, headlight housings, steering box brace and column bushing, front main seal, KDP tab, and a BHAF will have you set up with a nice rig.

#21 ·
That's why I jumped on it since I see them at 4800 on the cheap. It needed work but time is going to.be an.issue for me in may-june. I'm going to wait a couple day and and see if it sells. Then I might snag it, if he comes down on price too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.