Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Who Profits?

3K views 46 replies 24 participants last post by  CheapThrillB2 
#1 ·
When dispatch calls a tow truck at an accident, and they charge for the phone call (not the tow, that was a seperate charge). Who profits from the phone call? Dispatch, state cop, or the tow company?

#3 ·
When dispatch calls a tow truck at an accident, and they charge for the phone call (not the tow, that was a seperate charge). Who profits from the phone call? Dispatch, state cop, or the tow company?
All of the above, depending on the municipality, if fire/rescue was called.......you may end up with another bill at the end of the month.

#9 · (Edited)
No, I mean, why did I have to pay an extra $85 on my tow bill when my wifes explorer was dropped at my house because of a phone call I could of made. The state cop asked me if I wanted to call a wrecker or if I wanted dispatch to call a wrecker. I was a little busy dealing with shit at the moment and figured it was conveinent to have dispatch call. So I told him what wrecker service I was going to call. Had I known that it was gonna be $85, I would of made the 60 second phone call. Phone call was $85, tow was only $40.

I guess if they disclose they are gonna stick it in w/o lube, then they probably will never get the chance to stick it in.

Everybody gots to make there money from a shitty situation right....

#39 ·
In all honesty I more pist about the concept then the amount.
Insurance is covering the tow. I will be getting reimbursed. The point of the thread was asking to ask why and who. The tow driver couldn't explain it when I asked.

The cop looked at me kinda cross eyed when I climbed through the window and fired it up and drove it up and out of the field and onto the side of the road. I told him I wasn't gonna pay more to have the tow driver drag it 50 yds through the field and up the ditch when I could simply drive it there.

#22 · (Edited)

Sarah so far is okay, Bump on the head and sore. Small cut behind her ear.

I guess somebody braked in front of her on sheet ice (I verified the ice, it was a skating rink when I got there) she braked and the ass slid out and down into the ditch (4 ft drop to about a foot wide level and another 2 foot back up to the field) clipping a sign and I guess she rolled three times according to witnesses, but looking at the earth and marks I think it was twice. It was a two post adopt a highway sign that acted as a ramp. Broke it in half. Landed about 50 yds out into a corn field. Pics are as it was when landed. Seems only body damage, I climbed in and fired it up and sounded good, no fluids underneath and dropped it in 4lo and drove that bitch out of the field up the ditch and to the road. I would of drove it home if the cops wouldn't of been on site. Pass Back door still works and has glass, and rear hatch is undamaged, and drivers rear side glass still there as well.

Seems the impacts were only to both "a" pillars and thinking the sign did the LF damage. Really no other impact points to the body, bunch of corn stalks and mud backed into the beads of the tires but all 4 were still inflated. Bags weren't deployed as the sensors weren't damaged.

Thinking I may do a body swap. Found a couple other 98's with bad 4.0L sohc for cheap and good bodies. Reading about doing motor swaps I think I can get the body swapped in a few hrs with the use of a hoist.

Faired pretty damn good in my opinion, walking away with the min. injuries she suffered and considering her Explorer has a 2" Body Lift. Body still appears square to the frame and all mounts intact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.